New Guy! Tribute Legacy

Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:37 am

I just got a 2010 off Reverb, I'm pretty good at setups after having shop after shop do it wrong!!! Anywho, I've searched all over and there doesn't seem to be a manual for that guitar? A few video's out there and by the responses I've found in here, setup seems to be the same as the Fenders? If someone can verify that or point me in the direction of the manual, I would appreciate that..

Thanks
CR

Re: New Guy! Tribute Legacy

Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:22 am

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum, G&L Technical Questions & Tips sub-forum:
How-To Guide (Please read the whole thread to get all the information).

Hope this helps.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:03 pm

So I got a refund for the first one, very damaged from shipping, really screwed up guitar, probably needed a shim in the neck to get the action playable.

Just got another yesterday, 2013 Tribute Legacy, black with a tortoise pickguard. Super clean, shrink wrap on the pickguard and back tremolo cover still!
Action was really decent, put new strings on, went over everything, lowered the action a bit more, set the intonation, still have room on the saddles to lower more. Really nice.

Curious about the different options on these guitars. The first one was black with pearl pickguard, satin maple neck, maple fretboard that felt raw, no finish on it.
This last one is clear gloss on the neck, gloss maple fretboard. I kind of liked the satin/raw to the gloss/gloss, but not hating that either. This one is way more playable than the other.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:11 am

nyracerxxx wrote: Curious about the different options on these guitars. The first one was black with pearl pickguard, satin maple neck, maple fretboard that felt raw, no finish on it.
This last one is clear gloss on the neck, gloss maple fretboard. I kind of liked the satin/raw to the gloss/gloss, but not hating that either. This one is way more playable than the other.

Take a look at the various Tribute Series Price Lists we have in the G&L Knowledgebase Forum, G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum.

For example: from the 2012-July 31, 2014 Tribute Series Standard Production Models
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=13706

Legacy
Finishes
· Gloss Black, Tortoise pickguard, tinted gloss neck, Maple fingerboard
· Candy Apple Red, 3-ply Cream pickguard, clear satin neck with matching headstock, Rosewood fingerboard
· Lake Placid Blue, 3-ply White pickguard, tinted gloss neck, Rosewood fingerboard
· 3-Tone Sunburst, 3-ply Black pickguard, clear satin neck, Rosewood fingerboard
· Blueburst, White Pearl pickguard, tinted gloss neck, Maple fingerboard
Body wood Basswood (solid finishes) or Swamp Ash (translucent & burst finishes)
Neck wood Hard Rock Maple
Neck dimensions 1 5⁄8” width at nut, 12” radius
Pickups 3 G&L CLF100 vintage Alnico V single-coil pickups
Controls 5-way pickup selector, volume, PTB system
Bridge G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato

Legacy ‘Lefty’
Finish Blueburst, White Pearl pickguard, clear satin neck, Rosewood fingerboard
Specs Same as Legacy

Legacy HB
Finish Gloss Black, 3-ply Black pickguard, clear satin neck with matching headstock, Rosewood fingerboard
Body wood Basswood
Neck wood Hard Rock Maple
Neck dimensions 1 5⁄8” width at nut, 12” radius
Pickups
· Neck and middle: G&L CLF100 vintage Alnico V single coil pickups
· Bridge: G&L AW4368 humbucker
Controls 5-way pickup selector with push/pull switch to split bridge humbucker, Volume, PTB system
Bridge G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato

Hope this helps.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:07 am

Thanks Craig. I went on the way back machine and the options for a particular year.