Pickguard compatibility Tribute Fallout

Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:36 pm

Hello,

I have a really nice Tribute Fallout in shell pink from 22 and I am planning to change the pick guard to a 1 ply black one (matte perhaps).

There are pickguards available at pickguardheaven and at the g&l shop but I am not sure if the fit. It looks as if the screws on newer Tributes (the Positions are dirfferent on older ones) are placed the same way as the US ones but maybe someone can help me clarify..
So, if there are any experiences with replacing newer Tribute Fallout Pickguards please let me know.

cheers!

Re: Pickguard compatibility Tribute Fallout

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:38 am

As you noted, the early versions of the Tribute Series Fallout did not have exact matched pickguards with the US Fallout model, see this post:
Will a USA Fallout pickguard fit on a Tribute Fallout?. The screw holes did not line up exactly. I also just noticed that the neck P-90 pickup location on the Tribute version is slighty closer to the neck (see photo in that post), than the US Fallout.

I recommend you contact Memo Romero [G&L Service Manager] and ask him about this. His email address is: repairs@glguitars.com.
Please do follow up here with what you find out.

Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:57 am

Thanks a lot Craig - that is very helpful and I will keep you updated on that ;)

Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:33 pm

Here's what I got back from Mr Romero:

Hi Uli,
Thank you for playing G&L instruments, the US Fallout pickguard will fit your Tribute Fallout. I checked to make sure the screw holes line up and they do. If you have any questions email me back, have a great day.

Memo Romero

I asked about the P90 Position as well:

Yes it should be compatible, the P90 location is also in the same spot

Good news - order and shipping to Germany might take some time but I will keep you updated on this.