MFD Poles Adjustment

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:31 pm

Howdy Gang,

Can anyone tell me what size Allen key I need to adjust the pole pieces on MFD Z-coil pickups?

Re: MFD Poles Adjustment

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:43 pm

BrotherCharles wrote:Howdy Gang,

Can anyone tell me what size Allen key I need to adjust the pole pieces on MFD Z-coil pickups?

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase Forum: Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L?.

Hope this helps.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:53 pm

@Craig.

Thnx, man. I haven't read that post yet, but I finally found the information from found another web site that the poles require a 5/64” Allen key.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:13 pm

BrotherCharles wrote:@Craig.

Thnx, man. I haven't read that post yet, but I finally found the information from found another web site that the poles require a 5/64” Allen key.

Your Tribute Comanche pole pieces use the 2mm allen wrench, since it was built after 2005. See the chart I posted.

You might be interested in seeing this post, as well:
History of the Tribute Comanche?

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added another post link

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:56 am

Thanks much for the info.
The PUs are USA made. I used my 5/64 Allen key successfully to adjust the poles. Mind you, the metric near equivalent would indeed be 2mm. ;)

Craig wrote:

Your Tribute Comanche pole pieces use the 2mm allen wrench, since it was built after 2005. See the chart I posted.

Hope this helps.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:31 am

BrotherCharles wrote:Thanks much for the info.
The PUs are USA made. I used my 5/64 Allen key successfully to adjust the poles. Mind you, the metric near equivalent would indeed be 2mm. ;)

Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

The Fullerton factory switch to metric in 2006 as mentioned in the post I previously mentioned.
This includes the MFD pickup pole pieces. In case you did not know, the Tribute models which have MFD pickups are supplied by the Fullerton factory and are identical to the US MFD pickups.

I recommend that you use the allen metric wrenches that are included with your Tribute Comanche.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:28 am

Thnx much, Craig.
I tried the mid-sized allen key that came with my new Comanche (It came with 3 allen keys), but it didn’t seem to fit - too large. However, my 5/64 imperial Allen key seemed to fit well. If I ever need to adjust the z-coil poles again, I will definitely try my StewMac 2mm allen key.

Craig wrote:The Fullerton factory switch to metric in 2006 as mentioned in the post I previously mentioned.
This includes the MFD pickup pole pieces. In case you did not know, the Tribute models which have MFD pickups are supplied by the Fullerton factory and are identical to the US MFD pickups.

I recommend that you use the allen metric wrenches that are included with your Tribute Comanche.