Fallout Locking tuners

Fri May 06, 2022 12:02 pm

Has anyone added locking tuners to their fallout guitar? I have Kiesel locking tuners on a couple of my other G&Ls, but they add a lot of weight to the neck and the fallout is already neck heavy. Because of the neck heaviness, I’m reluctant to use Kiesels on it. Anyone have any experience installing locking tuners on their fall out? Or even if you haven’t, what are your thoughts?

On a sidenote, I know they have a short scale fallout Bass now, isn’t it time for G&L to come out with a short scale fallout guitar? I think this guitar would be amazing with a 24 inch scale like the duel sonic or mustang!

Re: Fallout Locking tuners

Fri May 20, 2022 8:28 am

I would say locking Tuners are the best way to go for any Guitar! As far as weight - most are the same weight as non-locking if not Lighter. If you can get them to install in the same foot print its a no brainer.

Re: Fallout Locking tuners

Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:21 pm

Gasman wrote:I would say locking Tuners are the best way to go for any Guitar! As far as weight - most are the same weight as non-locking if not Lighter. If you can get them to install in the same foot print its a no brainer.

Thanks for the reply. In my experience, locking tuners are heavier. The stock tribute tuners are surprisingly light. The fallout can’t take anymore weight on the neck or rinse ID already have locking tuners installed. The Kiesel locking tuners are amazing but are heavier and would definitely throw the fallout balance out of wack. I need light locking tuners.