New 2021 Tribute Series updates ...

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:41 pm

Recently posted on G&L's facebook page:

We have added some new colors to our Tribute Guitars lineup.
The ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Candy Apple Red and the ASAT Deluxe Carved Top in Bright Blueburst.

Recently received email from G&L's Player's Updates:

Emerald Blue Metallic has been a very popular color, previously only available on G&L’s option order, USA models.
Now, it is available on 3 core models in the Tribute range. All models share many other features with their USA made counterparts
such as Leo Fender’s high performance design pickups and hardware.
The models available are:
• LB•100 – Leo’s evolution of the p-style platform with a streamlined body shape, Saddle Lock bridge and Alnico V split-coil pickup
• ASAT Classic – Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on guitar
• Comanche – A time-honored look with the power of Z-Coil hum-cancelling pickups and Dual Fulcrum Tremolo

To see all the 2021 Tribute Series Production models, click here: June 1, 2021-present Tribute Series Production Models.
Last edited by Craig on Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added the models with the new Emerald Blue Metallic finish.

Re: New 2021 Tribute Series updates ...

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:00 pm

I really like the bright blueburst finish. Hope to see more of it in the future.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:16 pm

Speaking of bright blueburst... I'm loving this semi-hollow. So far I've only seen them at GC/MF in the US (pic from Andertons).

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars ... 7000001000

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:49 pm

I’m a huge double-bound fan and these Tribby semi hollow double bound bodies are quietly calling my name. Really glad the G&L team are doing double-bound tribby’s, hopefully we can capture some of that classic vibe crowd with better guitar! Kinda like the the charcoal finish myself, who knows… :evilgrin:

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:51 am

I have seen that there are some Limited Editions like the ASAT Classic Semi-Hollow in Bright Blueburst mentioned above.
I have contacted a couple of G&L contacts to get more details on them and when I get more information I will post.

Stay tuned.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:55 am

Craig wrote:I have seen that there are some Limited Editions like the ASAT Classic Semi-Hollow in Bright Blueburst mentioned above.
I have contacted a couple of G&L contacts to get more details on them and when I get more information I will post.

Stay tuned.

I just got this information from Lary S. in G&L Sales, which I converted it to a PDF file:
Click on link below and the file will be shown in a new tab:
New_Tribute_LE_Instruments

The run was limited to 96 pieces of each model.

Hope this helps.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:42 am

Way to go, Craig!! You continue to provide a wealth of information on this board and it is much appreciated. Unfortunately for me, the spec sheet confirms my suspicion regarding the neck radius (Sweetwater has the antique sunburst listed as 12" and I've had one in my cart for weeks now). You saved me the hassle of likely sending it back.

I've also seen the ASAT semi-hollow in charcoal burst and I wanna say, some form of purple burst (maple fretboards)?

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:44 pm

The purple one I mentioned is actually called "Lilac"...

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:05 pm

Arpeggio wrote:The purple one I mentioned is actually called "Lilac"...

Here's the other one which is not on the list from Lary in Charcoal Burst: