Tribute pickup question

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:56 pm

I did search prior to this post, but had no success, so please forgive me if this has been asked/answered.

I picked a used ASAT Tribute on a whim a few months back (still had the factory plastic film and stickers on it). I cannot see any current Tribute products that have a chrome cover on the neck pickup. What am I looking at here? Any help appreciated.

thanks,
-Matt

Re: Tribute pickup question

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Do you know what model Asat it is?
Possibly this?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 pm

That's it, exactly, even the color is the same...

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:49 pm

The Alnico pickup ASAT Classic Tributes are “Limited Edition” sold by Musician’s Friend, Guitar Center. The chrome neck pickup is Alnico as is the bridge pickup. Pole pieces are not adjustable, different from the MFD pickups.

There is info on the specs in the Knowledgebase. I recently bought the natural finish ash version. The pickups sound good to my ears.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:04 pm

Excellent! Thank you all for taking the time to help me out!

-Matt

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:31 pm

BoogieMK2 wrote:The Alnico pickup ASAT Classic Tributes are “Limited Edition” sold by Musician’s Friend, Guitar Center. The chrome neck pickup is Alnico as is the bridge pickup. Pole pieces are not adjustable, different from the MFD pickups.

There is info on the specs in the Knowledgebase. I recently bought the natural finish ash version. The pickups sound good to my ears.

See these posts:
2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models.
List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected link to List of pickups

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:24 am

Thanks!