G&L Trib L2000 Issue

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:51 pm

recently I picked up a used L2000 Trbute for a decent deal. Loving the bass, amazing pickup sound, and plays great. However when the bass is switched to series mode, the bridge pickup has 1/4th the volume as the neck pickup. When switched to parrallel mode, all the pickups work good. Im just wondering if its a bad pickup? Im not sure. A bad switch? Do i just have to dig in there with some contact cleaner?

Re: G&L Trib L2000 Issue

Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:49 pm

ripvannoise wrote:recently I picked up a used L2000 Trbute for a decent deal. Loving the bass, amazing pickup sound, and plays great. However when the bass is switched to series mode, the bridge pickup has 1/4th the volume as the neck pickup. When switched to parrallel mode, all the pickups work good. Im just wondering if its a bad pickup? Im not sure. A bad switch? Do i just have to dig in there with some contact cleaner?

You might check out Ken Baker's BassesbyLeo.com Forum.
I'm sure someone over there can help you with your Tribute L-2000 pickup problem.

Hope this helps.

Re: G&L Trib L2000 Issue

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:51 am

Are you sure it's not the other way around? Commponents in series impedance add while parallel impedance sums as lower than any impedance in the sum with the formula 1/Total = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ...

So lets say for example each of your pickups is 100 Ohms. When connected in series the total impedance would be 200 Ohms. In parallel it would be 1/Total = 1/100 + 1/100 = 50 Ohms. So the total impedance of the series connection would be four times that of the parallel connection and the series connection would have significantly more output. The other potentiometers and components would effect this as well.