2003 G&L Tribute S-500

Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi All,

I just purchased a 2003 G&L Tribute S500 Tobacco Burst finish guitar. I bought it from a hock shop in my home town. I cleaned her all up and I notice a couple of things. First thing I notice is the small switch is missing the locking washer so the switch is really loose. The 2nd thing I notice is all 3 pots are really scratchy especially towards the end of the turn. I cleaned them up but the scratching is still there. Would anybody be able to advise which pots I should look for so I can replace them and if anybody knows what washer size I need to find to tighten up that small switch would be awesome.

Thanks in advanced.
Luc

Re: 2003 G&L Tribute S-500

Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:15 pm

When you say you cleaned up the pots, do you mean with something like Deoxit? Deoxit is what I use.

Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:53 pm

You can get the pots from G&L's On-Line store: Tribute short shaft pots.
You will need one of each of the three pots.

If you have the nut for the expander switch, you should be able to take that to a hardware supply store and get a locking washer to fit.

Hope this helps.

Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:47 am

Hi Kit and Craig... yes I use Deoxit and there is still some scratching towards the end when turning from off to on ;)
Thanks for the link to order the pots... I will have a look.
The guitar come with no washer or nut :( so I am looking for the right washer and nut to get from the hardware store. Do you guys know if its metric or imperial?

thanks in advance

Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:51 am

alamakluke wrote:Hi Kit and Craig... yes I use Deoxit and there is still some scratching towards the end when turning from off to on ;)
Thanks for the link to order the pots... I will have a look.
The guitar come with no washer or nut :( so I am looking for the right washer and nut to get from the hardware store. Do you guys know if its metric or imperial?

thanks in advance

It is metric.

Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:30 am

Wow... I was going to order those pots from the store but they are charging 35$ of shipping to ship to Canada. WOW that is just crazy. Total price is 53$ US

Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:34 am

alamakluke wrote:Wow... I was going to order those pots from the store but they are charging 35$ of shipping to ship to Canada. WOW that is just crazy. Total price is 53$ US

Is that using USPS or UPS? USPS will be the cheaper option.

You may choose to ship by USPS or UPS and the cost of shipping options for your order will be shown at checkout before payment is required. This way you will see how much it costs to ship your order before you commit to purchasing.

Hope this helps.