Tribute Legacy Trem Block Help

Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:55 am

Anyone have any easy/simple ways to block the trem on a G&L Tribute Legacy? Not sure if any exist, but I cannot find a simple aftermarket block. My issue is I've been playing in some alternate tunings lately. The constant back and forth between strings to get them tuned to pitch is annoying enough, but manageable. But the floating G&L trem causes intonation issues once tuned to an alternate tuning, which is the main reason I want to block it. Thoughts/ideas appreciated!!

Re: Tribute Legacy Trem Block Help

Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:54 am

bigterp wrote:Anyone have any easy/simple ways to block the trem on a G&L Tribute Legacy? Not sure if any exist, but I cannot find a simple aftermarket block. My issue is I've been playing in some alternate tunings lately. The constant back and forth between strings to get them tuned to pitch is annoying enough, but manageable. But the floating G&L trem causes intonation issues once tuned to an alternate tuning, which is the main reason I want to block it. Thoughts/ideas appreciated!!

See this post in the G&L Knowledgebase, G&L Tech Tips sub-forum: How do I block the tremelo on my guitar?.

Hope this helps.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:36 am

Thanks Craig!!

Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:18 am

Another possible, albeit more expensive, solution is to install a Tremsetter. Most of the benefits of blocking the trem, while preserving the trem's functionality.

I have mine set up to allow me to bend one string two half steps in a double- or triple-stop without the other strings going flat. I can also rest the heal of my hand lightly on the saddles for palm muting without detuning the strings.

The downside is that there's a small "neutral" area just before the trem kicks in.