Defective Tribute L2000

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:57 pm

I just received my brand new G&L L2000 Tribute from zZounds today, and was beyond disappointed. After taking it out of the box, the first thing I noticed was dimpling in the wood grain under the gloss finish, although I could have lived with that had it been the sole issue. Then I turned the knobs and the volume knob was on cockeyed, and the other two knobs were extremely tight and hard to turn. Then the final straw was that there was a warbling, almost chorus-like sound on the notes beyond the 12th fret on the E and A strings. No matter how I adjusted/set up the neck, the problem persisted. Perhaps it was an issue of pickups being too close to the strings, but I don't think so, as I've performed this adjustment many times in the past, and it would simply not intonate despite my best efforts. I contacted zZounds immediately to inform them of the situation, and they said I'll be getting an email with return instructions so they can ship me a replacement. It's just a real disappointment for me, as I've been waiting for the shipment to come in for some time, and I've already ordered a new SKB case for it. Here's hoping it was just a fluke/lemon!! :shocked028: