Tribute Legacy Tremolo Cover/Back Plate

Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:59 am

Anyone know of a source for a tremolo cover/back plate for a 2017 Tribute Legacy? I see a few on Amazon and Ebay, but want to be sure I'm getting the correct size. Also, what size screws should be used to mount the plate?

Re: Tribute Legacy Tremolo Cover/Back Plate

Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:31 pm

bigterp wrote:Anyone know of a source for a tremolo cover/back plate for a 2017 Tribute Legacy? I see a few on Amazon and Ebay, but want to be sure I'm getting the correct size. Also, what size screws should be used to mount the plate?

I am quite certain the 2003-present Tribute Legacy tremolo cover/back plate are all the same size and same number of screw holes.
The screws for this plate is the same as the pickguard screws. See this post: Pickguard screws for Tribute S500.

Hope this helps.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:16 am

Thanks Craig!!

The screws will be easy enough to come by, but I'm having trouble finding a direct replacement for the plate. I need to do some measuring and see if I can find something that will be close enough to work. I contacted Chandler (Pickguard Plante) and they can only duplicate one from an original sent to them. Obviously won't work in my situation since the original is missing. Any idea on a source for a replacement plate?

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:29 pm

I would see if the trem block hole lines up on any Strat type plate you may have. If so, trace it. If not modify the tracing a bit to get it to line up. Then put the screw holes where you want them and send the tracing to Chandler to make a plate. They will make one from your tracing. As Craig said, the screws should be the same as the pickguard screws.