G&L Tributes neck discoloured

Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Anyone else seen this? I have an Asat Bluesboy and an S500 and both have discoloured maple necks on the finger board. At first I thought they may be raw finish but appear to have a very light satin finish on the fretboard which must wear off easy. It doesn't effect the playing of the guitar, both have amazing necks just seems strange. The Asat in particular....body and hardware are like new and don't think it's had a lot of playing as there is very little fret wear. Is this a common thing?

Re: G&L Tributes neck discoloured

Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Kenny202 wrote:Anyone else seen this? I have an Asat Bluesboy and an S500 and both have discoloured maple necks on the finger board. At first I thought they may be raw finish but appear to have a very light satin finish on the fretboard which must wear off easy. It doesn't effect the playing of the guitar, both have amazing necks just seems strange. The Asat in particular....body and hardware are like new and don't think it's had a lot of playing as there is very little fret wear. Is this a common thing?

We need to see photos of these guitars. Did you buy these used or new?