Tribute S-500 With Boost Circuit

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:07 am

I bought this guitar hoping that the boost circuit was some super oem add on. Well its not it is after market just done at such a high level that the G&L dealer I showed it to had to ask his factory source if it could be original and of course its not. The hint (that I missed) was the aftermarket locking tuners. So guys (and ladies) is this a more desirable Tribute S-500 or a heinous adulteration of this guitar....Pls comment.... personally the wood grain is so pretty (to me) that I WOULD LOVE IT whether it had boost or not. Thanks for looking and Pls comment on the mod......

Re: Tribute S-500 With Boost Circuit

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:12 am

supernukes wrote:I bought this guitar hoping that the boost circuit was some super oem add on. Well its not it is after market just done at such a high level that the G&L dealer I showed it to had to ask his factory source if it could be original and of course its not. The hint (that I missed) was the aftermarket locking tuners. So guys (and ladies) is this a more desirable Tribute S-500 or a heinous adulteration of this guitar....Pls comment.... personally the wood grain is so pretty (to me) that I WOULD LOVE IT whether it had boost or not. Thanks for looking and Pls comment on the mod......

Here are some of your photos which you had sent me. I resized them and saved in my GbL Gallery.

The boost circuit, locking tuners, and control knobs are all upgrades done by a previous owner.
I wonder if there are any additional changes to the control circuit, like upgraded pots?
Your guitar is a Made in Korea Tribute Series S-500 built in May 2003. It has the Amber finish on Swamp Ash body.
See: What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?
I would say that the updates should add some additional value (no idea how much) to this guitar.

Hope this helps.