TRIBUTE S-500 help with verification needed

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 pm

Hey guys,

I've bought the G&L guiter (TRIBUTE S-500 I think) and I was trying to check if this this is an original product or not...
My concern is that I cannot find the guitar by a serial number and also the guitar looks a bit different to what I can find on the website. Like the stickers and the labels looks a bit different. The serial number (I think) of the guitar is: 03050826. This is the number visible on the back of the head of the guitar.
Could you please help me to dermine if this is an original product or not and also could you help me to get a bit more information about this guitar, like where it was produced, what kind of wood, why it does look different?

I saw you guys have an excellent knowledge and are extremly helpfull so I hope u will be able to help me as well.
Thanks and looking forward.

Here are the photos:

Best regards,
SD

Re: TRIBUTE S-500 help with verification needed

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:50 pm

You can tell when it was made based on the serial number, but it varies a little depending on where it was made.

That would likely be May of 2003, made in Korea (I believe).

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:01 pm

And see this link http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8613

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:00 pm

dhgleaves wrote:You can tell when it was made based on the serial number, but it varies a little depending on where it was made.

That would likely be May of 2003, made in Korea (I believe).

+1 :thumbup:
beautiful 1st year tribute series s500!

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:39 am

Yep, 1st year Tribute made in Korea. If I recall correctly, the headstock logo changed when they moved production from Korea to Indonesia.

Here is information about the tribute series and covers the 2003 specs.

http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1284

Congratulations!
Dan

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:42 pm

You are the best!! Thank you!