Tribute Bluesboy classic

Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:36 am

Hi all,
Looking to add a G&L Tribute to the collection. The one I am interested in is the Lake Placid Blue classic BB . I see different shades of the blue I am partial to the darker blue with the rosewood fretboard. It appears that most suppliers show them out of stock which leads me to think it is the older color . Is ‘this blue a darker shade? Also is guitar solid or semi Hollow? And does it come with any case or bag? I have seen two different renditions on line. Made an offer on Reverb but with shipping had to keep offer low. I am used to the 7.5 radius fretboards and wider ales Paul and a Harley Benton. I suspect the 9” might be a nice compromise. Any thoughts on this guitar and do you know the years of production and if it is in fact semi Hollow? Sounds sweet on you tube vids. Any thoughts?

Propjob

Re: Tribute Bluesboy classic

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:06 am

Propjob wrote:Hi all,
Looking to add a G&L Tribute to the collection. The one I am interested in is the Lake Placid Blue classic BB . I see different shades of the blue I am partial to the darker blue with the rosewood fretboard. It appears that most suppliers show them out of stock which leads me to think it is the older color . Is ‘this blue a darker shade? Also is guitar solid or semi Hollow? And does it come with any case or bag? I have seen two different renditions on line. Made an offer on Reverb but with shipping had to keep offer low. I am used to the 7.5 radius fretboards and wider ales Paul and a Harley Benton. I suspect the 9” might be a nice compromise. Any thoughts on this guitar and do you know the years of production and if it is in fact semi Hollow? Sounds sweet on you tube vids. Any thoughts?

Propjob

Check out the various Tribute Specifications posts in the G&L Specifications and Options sub-forum of the G&L Knowledgebase forum.
You will find that the Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy in Lake Placid Blue finish is a solid body model and was available from June 1, 2012 through July 31, 2017.

The current Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy (solid body) is available in Sonic Blue.

Also, check out the post on the MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models, as there is one in Turquoise Mist.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:23 am

Thank you, did the tributes come with any sort of bag or case?

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 am

Propjob wrote:Thank you, did the tributes come with any sort of bag or case?

No gigbag or case, you should check with the G&L dealer to see if they will give a special price on one.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:38 am

Well I found a brandy new Tribute Bluesboy Classic on reverb hanging in a shop in California. It was the Lake Placid blue with the G&L bridge P/U and the Rosewood fretboard. Bought it at a good price. Thanks for the info Craig! May be looking to mod it a little. I noticed in the Gallery that somebody had a polarity change they made equiv to the USA version. Could not find the corresponding post about the purpose. I am a retired communications and Broadcast engineer, so I have the equipment and practical skills to do this. Was this a mod that really made a difference or a correction ? If anyone could explain I would appreciate that.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:56 am

Propjob wrote:Well I found a brandy new Tribute Bluesboy Classic on reverb hanging in a shop in California. It was the Lake Placid blue with the G&L bridge P/U and the Rosewood fretboard. Bought it at a good price. Thanks for the info Craig! May be looking to mod it a little. I noticed in the Gallery that somebody had a polarity change they made equiv to the USA version. Could not find the corresponding post about the purpose. I am a retired communications and Broadcast engineer, so I have the equipment and practical skills to do this. Was this a mod that really made a difference or a correction ? If anyone could explain I would appreciate that.

The USA and Tribute versions of the ASAT Classic Bluesboy have the same MFD bridge pickup with the mod to work correctly with the Alnico Humbucker neck pickup.
To understand the reason for this mod, you need to go back to the history of the original Special Edition ASAT Classic BB designed by Bob and Tim Page (Buffalo Brothers) and built by G&L. Here is the Rare Bird link to read: ASAT Blues Boy.

Also check out this link in our Gallery Album: ASAT Classic Bluesboy Picture Diagrams.

Hope this helps.