Tribute S500 Pickups

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:58 am

Hi,
I've read somewhere that pickups on Tribute series are now "designed by G&l" but no more US made. Is that true, and since when ?
I've found a Tribute S500, and I'm interested, but i would prefer us pickups :happy0007:
Thanks !
Mathieu

Re: Tribute S500 Pickups

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:10 am

Matdeflo wrote:Hi,
I've read somewhere that pickups on Tribute series are now "designed by G&l" but no more US made. Is that true, and since when ?
I've found a Tribute S500, and I'm interested, but i would prefer us pickups :happy0007:
Thanks !
Mathieu

Some of the special edition models that get sold as a stupid deal of the day by Musician's Friend are like that, but they are the only ones that I'm aware of.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:43 am

Thanks ;)

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:15 am

Thanks !
Mathieu

All Tribute Series models with MFD pickups have Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ single coils made in Fullerton, California.
See: Note About G&L Tribute Series Guitar Pickups.

Hope this helps.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:49 am

dhgleaves wrote:
Thanks !
Mathieu

Some of the special edition models that get sold as a stupid deal of the day by Musician's Friend are like that, but they are the only ones that I'm aware of.

None of those Tribute models have MFD pickups, see: 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models.

Hope this helps.

Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:07 am

Thanks Craig !