CLF-100 Pickups US vs Tribute

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:48 pm

Hey guys

I think all clf-100 pickups are US-made. But do they make any selection which Pickups are used for Tribute guitars? Or do the sound the same?
I want to replace pickups on my legacy rustic wich has Fender PUs installed and you sometimes find CLF100 PUs from tribute models.
Does anyone know which PUs werde actually used on the Legacy rustic?
And one last question, what kind of shematic was used on the rustic series? My guitar has a blender pot, did they usually comp with PTB?

Cheers
Uli

Re: CLF-100 Pickups US vs Tribute

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:48 am

Gutmann wrote:Hey guys

I think all clf-100 pickups are US-made. But do they make any selection which Pickups are used for Tribute guitars? Or do the sound the same?
I want to replace pickups on my legacy rustic wich has Fender PUs installed and you sometimes find CLF100 PUs from tribute models.
Does anyone know which PUs werde actually used on the Legacy rustic?
And one last question, what kind of shematic was used on the rustic series? My guitar has a blender pot, did they usually comp with PTB?

Cheers
Uli

Regarding CLF-100 pickups:
Note About G&L Tribute Series Guitar Pickups
-The Tribute Series instruments that use MFD pickups are the same USA pickups made in Fullerton, CA.
-The single coil Alnico pickups (CLF-100) used in the Tribute Series Legacy are also the same pickups used in the USA Legacy and are made at the Fullerton factory.
-Other single coil Alnico pickups, humbuckers and P-90's used in the Tribute Series instruments are made to G&L's specifications at the Cort facility in Indonesia.

Note: Most of the Tribute Series MF/GC Exclusive Models have pickups which are made to G&L specifications at the Cort facility in Indonesia, see: 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models.

See reference post: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

I suspect your Legacy Rustic was modded by a previous owner with different pickups and a blender pot. The Legacy Rustic used the same
pickups as the standard Legacy. See: 2014-15 (pre-July 1) G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.
See: Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics in our Gallery for the Legacy diagrams.

Hope this helps.

Re: CLF-100 Pickups US vs Tribute

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:56 am

Thanks Craig.

When I bought the guitar it was equipped with sliders Pickups and had a standard Strat wiring with two tone controls.
The blender Poti was my attempt to tweak it more towards the s500 and it provides good Sounds with neck an bridge blend together.

But lately I am thinking of bringing it back to original specs and clf-100 pickups from tributes pop up for sale from time to time.
My main problem is that the strat is really quiet and gentle compared to my asats, I‘d prefer it to be more loud and present...