Another Tribute Question

Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Considering buying an ASAT Special Tribute, natural ash finish, maple neck/fretboard, tortoiseshell pickguard, black big MFD's. First, is $380 a decent price for a pretty clean guitar that has one moderate ding in the finish, in a not so bad spot?

Second, are the pots, knobs, switches, jack, and other electronics USA made? I know the pickups and bridge are. Either way, how is the electronics? I don't want scratchy pots, etc.

Thanks,

Bigben

Re: Another Tribute Question

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:58 pm

Oh, and the guitar in question has teh very small "Tribute" sticker on teh headstock. Indonesian-made???

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 pm

bigben wrote:Considering buying an ASAT Special Tribute, natural ash finish, maple neck/fretboard, tortoiseshell pickguard, black big MFD's. First, is $380 a decent price for a pretty clean guitar that has one moderate ding in the finish, in a not so bad spot?

Second, are the pots, knobs, switches, jack, and other electronics USA made? I know the pickups and bridge are. Either way, how is the electronics? I don't want scratchy pots, etc.

Thanks,

Bigben

Please review our G&LDP Guidelines about posting Retail G&L instrument prices. Since you did not state the store name and that this might be a used instrument, I will not edit out the price you mentioned.

The pots, knobs, switches, jack are not USA made. The pickups are USA made in Fullerton, CA and the same as used on the USA models.

The Tribute Bridges:

Dual Fulcrum and Saddle Lock, made under license by the best quality hardware manufacturer in Asia. They make hardware for many well-known USA makers, and used on their USA made models. All have die-cast saddles, instead of the machined billet brass. The exception is the Tribute ASAT Classic, which does have 6 brass barrel shape saddles, modeled after the real G&L ASAT Classic bridge, not some off the shelf import bridge. The hardware is of incredible quality.

Hope this helps.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:18 pm

bigben wrote:Oh, and the guitar in question has teh very small "Tribute" sticker on teh headstock. Indonesian-made???

Check the back of the headstock, the country of origin should be indicated. Also, check the serial number as it will also help id the
country of origin. See Serial number significance in the G&L Knowledgebase
for details on the Tribute serial numbering.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:37 am

Soyyr about that. It indeed is used and not from a dealer.