ASAT Tribute Classic - Locking Tuners

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:19 am

Does anyone have recommendations for locking tuners? I would prefer not to drill no hole but I'm not opposed either.

Re: ASAT Tribute Classic - Locking Tuners

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Wamba wrote:Does anyone have recommendations for locking tuners? I would prefer not to drill no hole but I'm not opposed either.

See: locking tuners for tribute legacy and G&L Tribute Fallout - Locking Tuners.

Hope this helps.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Wamba wrote:Does anyone have recommendations for locking tuners? I would prefer not to drill no hole but I'm not opposed either.

If you search this website for "Kiesel" you will also see a discussion of their locking tuners being drop-in replacements for Tribute guitars. I have them on my Tribute Legacy.

There are two other options that don't require drilling. Both Hipshot and Sperzel make locking tuners that have alternative mounting systems. Hipshot has their UMP, and Sperzel has their EZ-Mount system. Neither require drilling.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:34 pm

The specific Kiesel model is listed here https://www.kieselguitars.com/products/CLT6C. I would just make sure yours has that same 2-pin system. My Tribute has it, and others on this list said the Kiesels fit, but I'm not certain that all Tributes are the same.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:27 am

Hi,

resurrecting this one because I just wanted to confirm that the Kiesel locking tuners fit and work as expected on a Tribute Legacy HSS (the 2018 model).

Since I am in Europe, I had to order in the US a have it passing through customs and paying fees.

I once had an ASAT Tribute and the Kiesel would have fit it too.

Cheers,
Andreas

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 pm

dhgleaves wrote:

If you search this website for "Kiesel" you will also see a discussion of their locking tuners being drop-in replacements for Tribute guitars. I have them on my Tribute Legacy.

There are two other options that don't require drilling. Both Hipshot and Sperzel make locking tuners that have alternative mounting systems. Hipshot has their UMP, and Sperzel has their EZ-Mount system. Neither require drilling.

This is an older thread, but I just wanted to update what I said about Hipshot tuners so that I don't mislead anyone. I have subsequently learned that the UMP will not fit G&L guitars, at least not without modifying it. I tried it on both a Tribute and USA model and the hole spacing on the guitars was slightly too long. I wrote them asking if it came in other sizes and they replied that it did not but they confirmed that it would not fit G&L guitars. I did notice that a couple other people on here said that they managed to lengthen the holes on the UMP, allowing it to fit their G&L. David

Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:32 am

I have been waaaaay down this rabbit hole, followed every trail. As of the date of my writing there is exactly ONE drop-in, no-mod locking tuner replacement for Tribute series tuners: Graph Tech RATIO tuners. And I can confirm from personal experience that they work work beautifully!