Tribute Electronics Quality

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:52 am

I have an ASAT Tribute Classic that I'm putting Dimarzio Area T's in (hot bridge). How is the quality of the rest of the electronics? Should I go ahead and replace them while I have it apart?

Something like this?
http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Elec ... aster.html

Also, what a good treble bleed for these pickups?

Re: Tribute Electronics Quality

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:21 am

I don't know that you would notice much of a difference in sound, but you may notice the feel.

I have two US guitars (Legacy and ASAT Special) and a Tribute bass (JB2). Although the bass sounds and plays great, there is a definite difference in feel in the controls.

Doesn't matter to me, as I'm a "if it ain't broke" type.

But, you could install the kit but keep the original components in case you ever decide to sell...

Having said that, it is Stew-Mac...so you could likely piece that "kit" together yourself elsewhere for less $$. I haven't bought anything from them in a while, but their shipping costs are too high, imo...hell, their prices in general are high.

Re: Tribute Electronics Quality

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:29 am

rrusso wrote:I don't know that you would notice much of a difference in sound, but you may notice the feel.

I have two US guitars (Legacy and ASAT Special) and a Tribute bass (JB2). Although the bass sounds and plays great, there is a definite difference in feel in the controls.

Doesn't matter to me, as I'm a "if it ain't broke" type.

But, you could install the kit but keep the original components in case you ever decide to sell...

Having said that, it is Stew-Mac...so you could likely piece that "kit" together yourself elsewhere for less $$. I haven't bought anything from them in a while, but their shipping costs are too high, imo...hell, their prices in general are high.

Good information, thanks!