New G&L Tribute Legacy HB

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:20 pm

New to the forum and G&L guitars, just picked up New Tribute Legacy HB I have 1982 Les Paul studio, and was looking for a Strat style guitar, thought about MIM Strat, and discovered the G&L's I must say I'm really impressed with this guitar for $300 its just so enjoyable to play and the tones are also very good for a guitar in this price range, my only request would be to lower the string action. What do i need to do this, (tools) or should I just have a pro set it up?

Thanks
MAC

Re: New G&L Tribute Legacy HB

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi Mac,

Have a pro do it. By the time you buy the tools, etc., a pro would be done. Faster & cheaper.

Take care,

edg

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:16 pm

Thanks Ed, Kinda what I figured, I may just keep it like this for a while, this guitar really sings, I'm so impressed.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:51 pm

MAC wrote:New to the forum and G&L guitars, just picked up New Tribute Legacy HB I have 1982 Les Paul studio, and was looking for a Strat style guitar, thought about MIM Strat, and discovered the G&L's I must say I'm really impressed with this guitar for $300 its just so enjoyable to play and the tones are also very good for a guitar in this price range, my only request would be to lower the string action. What do i need to do this, (tools) or should I just have a pro set it up?

Thanks
MAC

You only need an Allen wrench, or two (depending on what you need to adjust), so getting a pro to do it definitely wouldn't be cheaper.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Good choice, MAC. They are nice guitars.
Welcome to the forum. Post a pic of your guitar when you get a chance (see forum rules, and board index re: posting)

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks John,
I attached the picture to my avatar.
I couldn't figure how to attache a picture to a post without linking it to a weblink

MAC

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 pm

Congrats! I cut a business card to fit the lower neck pocket, unbolt neck and insert shim , it angle the neck to lower strings , very easy to do , I have one guitar that has two shims ,

You can also lower the bridge by turning the two big Allen screws in a turn or so but it gets the Trem closer to the body limiting pull ups