Limited Run Tribute Comanche?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:55 am

https://reverb.com/item/6808296-g-l-tri ... tage-white

I know G&L has been experimenting with new finishes in their Tribute line and this one is really appealing to me. Not sure if I should just jump on this one if it's this limited.

Re: Limited Run Tribute Comanche?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:04 am

goatofballstreet wrote:https://reverb.com/item/6808296-g-l-tribute-comanche-custom-1-of-23-made-free-300-upgrades-2017-vintage-white

I know G&L has been experimenting with new finishes in their Tribute line and this one is really appealing to me. Not sure if I should just jump on this one if it's this limited.

No, they just changed the finish offered with the latest Price List. See: August 1, 2017-present Tribute Series Production Models.

Note that the G&L main website has not been updated to reflect the current Price List yet.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:26 am

Awesome I was about to buy but I'll just wait. My brother works for a big box guitar store and can get me a very decent price. This was going to be the spec Comanche I was going to order but I'll take a Tribute version with my tight budget.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:31 am

Craig wrote:
goatofballstreet wrote:https://reverb.com/item/6808296-g-l-tribute-comanche-custom-1-of-23-made-free-300-upgrades-2017-vintage-white

No, they just changed the finish offered with the latest Price List. See: August 1, 2017-present Tribute Series Production Models.

Note that the G&L main website has not been updated to reflect the current Price List yet.

Hope this helps.

I noticed that some of the guitars are listed as "Olympic White" and others "Vintage White". Any idea if G&L is doing various shades of this finish or they both one in the same

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:48 am

A few summers back now, up here in Winnipeg, Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) was rediscovered by a local radio station, and the song received a revival of airplay that was quite welcome in the first weeks of that summer, but became grating by the end of summer having been grossly over-played. It's taken me these several years to be able to listen to it again without cringing.

In the same way, I think five years of producing black-only-finished Tribute Comanches has soured me to a black finish on a Comanche (Tribute or otherwise). It has the odor of stagnation, or worse, ...neglect.

Here is hoping we don't have to sit through five years of white Tribute Comanches. I love the brand enough to care.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 am

Totally agree ^^. Seems like most brands revamp their budget lines on a more frequent basis.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm

DanDoulogos wrote:A few summers back now, up here in Winnipeg, Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) was rediscovered by a local radio station, and the song received a revival of airplay that was quite welcome in the first weeks of that summer, but became grating by the end of summer having been grossly over-played. It's taken me these several years to be able to listen to it again without cringing.

In the same way, I think five years of producing black-only-finished Tribute Comanches has soured me to a black finish on a Comanche (Tribute or otherwise). It has the odor of stagnation, or worse, ...neglect.

Here is hoping we don't have to sit through five years of white Tribute Comanches. I love the brand enough to care.

He has a point here. Darth, are you listening?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:18 pm

The Squier lines have done a good job at rotating the colours, always made me wish the tribute line had done more iconic colours especially between the s500, comanche, and legacy all sharing the same body. I wouldn't even mind if all three guitars shared many of the same colours. I'd love a Comanche in the Lake Placid Blue or Legacy they did.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:56 pm

goatofballstreet wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

I noticed that some of the guitars are listed as "Olympic White" and others "Vintage White". Any idea if G&L is doing various shades of this finish or they both one in the same

Yes they are the same color. I confirmed that with one of my G&L contacts.

Hope this helps.