Limited Edition Tribute ASAT stupid deal of the day

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:39 am

I see a G&L Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic Ash Body on MF Stupid Deal of the day for a low(er) price than the "non-limited edition" ASAT Classic (Tribute). Is this the same ASAT Classic other than the color? In the picture and description it also looks like the pickups might be different. Does anyone know if there are other difference? Is it lower quality?

Any insight would be appreciated!

If this is answered already please provide a link. I searched and could not find the info.

I am think about this as my Fender Tele Standard MIM needs new frets. This will cost about the same as this guitar. Is this G&L on Par with a Standard MIM Tele quality wise?

Thank you!

Re: Limited Edition Tribute ASAT stupid deal of the day

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:06 pm

i8chillywilly wrote:I see a G&L Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic Ash Body on MF Stupid Deal of the day for a low(er) price than the "non-limited edition" ASAT Classic (Tribute). Is this the same ASAT Classic other than the color? In the picture and description it also looks like the pickups might be different. Does anyone know if there are other difference? Is it lower quality?

Any insight would be appreciated!

If this is answered already please provide a link. I searched and could not find the info.

I am think about this as my Fender Tele Standard MIM needs new frets. This will cost about the same as this guitar. Is this G&L on Par with a Standard MIM Tele quality wise?

Thank you!

These MF/GC Limited Editions are similar to the US ASAT Classic Alnico model. See this post in the G&L Knowledgebase: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12946 .
Note that MF lists the fretboard radius as 9.5" but it is really a 9" radius.

Hope this helps.

Re: Limited Edition Tribute ASAT stupid deal of the day

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Thank you for the link and clarification on the specs.

Hope all is well.