Need info - Ascari GT90 or Asat Special T

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:54 am

Hi ! I want to buy a G&L guitar soon and I have to choose between Asat Special Tribute and Ascari GT-90. The problem is that I can't find them in my country (Romania) and I can't play and compare the guitars. I have to buy online..that's not a problem but I would like to get some information from G&L owners here.

Now I'm playing a Vintage V52 Telecaster but I want a guitar with more mids, chunky neck (don't like thin) and warmer tone but still with that single coils twang that I like. Even if I'm a tele guy I'm leaning towards the Ascari GT-90 and my only concern is that the neck pickup may sound muddy...I play funky riffs on the neck pup :)

If you have some info, videos/recordings with the Ascari it would be great..I couldn't find many reviews on the internet.

That's my guitar sound now : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtzRdJQwedc

Thank you !

Adrian

Re: Need info - Ascari GT90 or Asat Special T

Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:20 pm

There are some members here who have posted about the Ascari GT90.
Use the Search function, try using "Ascari +90" as the keywords.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:20 pm

I've played both and preferred the GT 90. It has very pronounced mids whereas the ASAT Special was more low/high focused. The neck pickup was my favorite. Didn't get muddy and had lots of oomph to it. The neck was also thicker on the GT90. Wouldn't really classify either one as warm, as that's more humbucker territory. There really aren't a ton of videos on the GT90 out there, which is surprising.

The ASAT Special sounded a little thin to me, whereas the GT90 pickups were grittier. You'll have to deal with a little more hum on the GT90, but the middle position is noise cancelling. The ASAT Special seemed quieter. I'd recommend the GT90 over the ASAT Special. However, I'd recommend the Fallout over both!

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:35 am

Thank you for your replies. I thought a lot these days and I think I would buy the Fallout :) It's very versatile and perfect for what I'm playing. I hope the neck is not to thin but I can live with that.

I'll post some pics/videos soon :)

Adrian

Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:15 pm

mikemjr12 wrote:I've played both and preferred the GT 90. It has very pronounced mids whereas the ASAT Special was more low/high focused. The neck pickup was my favorite. Didn't get muddy and had lots of oomph to it. The neck was also thicker on the GT90. Wouldn't really classify either one as warm, as that's more humbucker territory. There really aren't a ton of videos on the GT90 out there, which is surprising.

The ASAT Special sounded a little thin to me, whereas the GT90 pickups were grittier. You'll have to deal with a little more hum on the GT90, but the middle position is noise cancelling. The ASAT Special seemed quieter. I'd recommend the GT90 over the ASAT Special. However, I'd recommend the Fallout over both!

Hi ! I bought the Tribute Fallout few months ago and I'm very happy with it. It's my dream guitar :)
Here's a live clip with it :
phpBB [video]

Thank you !

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 pm

Congratulations on the Fallout. That sounds wonderful (the guitar and the song/band). What's the rest of your signal chain?

Ken

Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:10 pm

X2 what Ken said !! ..... Fallout is my favorite G&L , thinking about getting a second one , congrats and welcome to the club

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:59 am

KenC wrote:Congratulations on the Fallout. That sounds wonderful (the guitar and the song/band). What's the rest of your signal chain?

Ken

Thank you ! I have a nice pedalboard..but this time I've used a multieffect (digitech rp1000) into a Fender Blues Deluxe for practical resons.
The guitar sounds much better with real pedals..it's not my best sound in this video :)

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:08 am

Fumble fingers wrote:X2 what Ken said !! ..... Fallout is my favorite G&L , thinking about getting a second one , congrats and welcome to the club

Thank you ! My next guitar will be a US Fallout :)
Here's some photos :

Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:20 am

Very well done , you guys sounded great ! Nice tone on your Fallout. seems to me you made the right choice :alright:

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:45 am

glvourot wrote:Very well done , you guys sounded great ! Nice tone on your Fallout. seems to me you made the right choice :alright:

yes, I made the right choice :)
Thank you !
Here's some photos from a recent gig :

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:49 am

Hi ! I'm very happy with my Fallout and for the first time I'm not searching or planning to buy another guitar.
I just finished a video with my band, the song is recorded with the G&L and I've use it in the video also (the lyrics are in romanian).

phpBB [video]