Asat deluxe tribute - neck issues

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:19 am

Hi guys, I recentley bought a used carved top tribute asat deluxe. It is very nice sounds pretty good but has some horrible neck issues: first string keep slipping every time I pulloff, the third string has a metal'ish buzz all over. I have read that some tributes have these kind of defects..
Will an Asat Usa neck would fit this guitar? I think that refretting it would cost more than a new one...

Thanks

NimrodSigelman

Re: Asat deluxe tribute - neck issues

Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:57 am

Sounds like it has problems with the nut, and likely other setup issues. I would take it to a good luthier in your area to be checked out. If there isn't someone near you who can work on it, check Youtube for setup videos and you might be able to improve it yourself. I don't think a USA neck will fit it

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:03 am

NimrodSigelman wrote:Hi guys, I recentley bought a used carved top tribute asat deluxe. It is very nice sounds pretty good but has some horrible neck issues: first string keep slipping every time I pulloff, the third string has a metal'ish buzz all over. I have read that some tributes have these kind of defects..
Will an Asat Usa neck would fit this guitar? I think that refretting it would cost more than a new one...

Thanks

NimrodSigelman

Sounds like your guitar just needs a good setup. Find a local guitar tech who knows G&L instruments and have it setup.

Checkout the G&L Knowledgebase, G&L Technical Questions & Tips for current setup info.
Here's are some posts to get you started:
String alignment issues and a simple cure
How-To Guide
Set-Ups, answering some questions

Regarding your neck swap question, see this post in the G&L General Questions sub-forum of the G&L Knowledgebase:
Compilation of Replacement neck info posted on the G&L Forum

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:07 am

Thanks guys, already went to the best luthier around, and already tried a little neck shift. The guitar had a good setup, those issues were not resolved...

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:34 am

What did the luthier say about the guitar and why he couldn't get it right?

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:39 am

He tought the neck is just too tight. Generally he is a big g&l fan but says this model has it's problems.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:47 am

I'm not sure what he means by "too tight". Was he trying to adjust the position in the neck pocket? Seems odd that there would be a buzz everywhere on one string and nothing on the others. Is something loose/rattling in the bridge?