Fallout USA vs Tribute

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:37 pm

I am thinking of getting myself a fallout. I used to have an ASAT special that I loved but sold. This was before tributes ever existed I believe. Anyway I was wondering what the difference is quality wise? Do they still do bi cut necks on G&L's? Pickups, are the ones in the newer models as good as the older Fallouts that had Seymour Duncans? I used to love that saddle lock bridge. How is the body shape is it comparable in size to a tele or strat? Looks kinda small. I haven't been able to get much out of the search function here, Maybe I am not doing it right?

Re: Fallout USA vs Tribute

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:17 am

Nerosneptune wrote:I am thinking of getting myself a fallout. I used to have an ASAT special that I loved but sold. This was before tributes ever existed I believe. Anyway I was wondering what the difference is quality wise? Do they still do bi cut necks on G&L's? Pickups, are the ones in the newer models as good as the older Fallouts that had Seymour Duncans? I used to love that saddle lock bridge. How is the body shape is it comparable in size to a tele or strat? Looks kinda small. I haven't been able to get much out of the search function here, Maybe I am not doing it right?

Beginning in 2006, the neck and truss-rod construction changed, see these posts:

About non-compression truss rod and Plek
updated neck with the G&L non-compression truss-rod
What is G&L's Plek machine used for?

The Tribute Fallout has the same pickups as the U.S. Fallout, but the Tribute guitar and pickups are built at the Cort factory in Indonesia to G&L's specs.
Only the Fullerton factory built G&L instruments are Plek'd.

The Fallout and SC-2 body shape is similar in size and shape as the Fender Mustang body.
The bodies are smaller than the ASAT body. The Fallout Upper bout width is 9 1/2" and the Lower bout width is 12".
The ASAT Upper bout width is 11" and the Lower bout width is 12 3/4". For reference, see: Current G&L Guitar Body Shapes (U.S. models).
Hope this helps.

:ugeek:
Last edited by Craig on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link to Updated neck with G&L non-compression truss-rod