ASAT Junior II P90 Tribute - Sound/Video Review

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:35 pm

I was only able to locate one useful video review for this guitar, so I figured I'd try to throw something together for anyone considering this particular model. This is a completely stock Junior II, strings and all. I am very surprised at how much I like this guitar. I'd recommend it to anyone.

If you're thinking about it, I hope this video helps make your decision.

phpBB [video]

Re: ASAT Junior II P90 Tribute - Sound/Video Review

Sat May 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Nice! I've been lusting after a P-90 guitar. Is that white guitar a Reverend? It seems like they've "borrowed" several innovations from G&L, especially the PTB system.

Tue May 30, 2017 3:48 pm

themikeaustin wrote:Nice! I've been lusting after a P-90 guitar. Is that white guitar a Reverend? It seems like they've "borrowed" several innovations from G&L, especially the PTB system.

Sorry for the delayed response. Yep, you nailed it, it's a Reverend Buckshot. They claim their bass contour system is proprietary, but I'm not sure how valid that statement is. That said, it's a very well made guitar and I have nothing but good things to say about the company. They sent me an entirely new bridge when I asked them about a rattle in the original, no questions asked. The Buckshot pickups leave something to be desired, but the fit/finish/feel are second to none.

Wed May 31, 2017 8:17 am

Oups... skipped that one back then... nice demo... make me want to listen to dinosaur jr now ! ^^