G&L Tribute Body Route Questions

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:46 am

I'm wondering if all G&L "S" style bodies are still bathtub routed? My reason for asking is that I was planning to get a Comanche Tribute but I'm not a huge fan of the satin finish neck or overall looks of the guitar. I have a friend with a Indonesian made G&L Tribute Legacy in a blueburst with a maple neck that she would sell to me for $200. I figure I could eventually find a wired Comanche pickguard to drop in or just buy the pickups myself from the G&L webstore to drop in and have a blueburst Legacy with Comanche pickups while staying around that $600 budget I have.

Re: G&L Tribute Body Route Questions

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi,

If it's not bathtub routed, you can always change that.

By the time you swap the neck, buy the pg and the pups & put it all together, I don't know that you will save that much money. And you are VERY unlikely to "just find" a Tribute Commanche pg, let alone a loaded one.

edg

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:18 pm

I'm only swapping the pickups on the legacy, I also found a set of z coils for$70 so I prematurely jumped on that deal, looks like I just need to custom order a pickguard at this point. I'll ask my friend to see the route on the legacy but after digging around the forum looks like it should be possible

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:50 pm

If by "S Style" you mean the Legacy type bodies, yes the recent ones do have the bathtub route. If you mean another body style my answer is idunno.

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 pm

goatofballstreet wrote:I'm wondering if all G&L "S" style bodies are still bathtub routed? My reason for asking is that I was planning to get a Comanche Tribute but I'm not a huge fan of the satin finish neck or overall looks of the guitar. I have a friend with a Indonesian made G&L Tribute Legacy in a blueburst with a maple neck that she would sell to me for $200. I figure I could eventually find a wired Comanche pickguard to drop in or just buy the pickups myself from the G&L webstore to drop in and have a blueburst Legacy with Comanche pickups while staying around that $600 budget I have.

Yes, if they have a pickguard, the Tribute Series Legacy, S-500 and Comanche models are bathtub routed.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: