Neck profiles on tributes,same as USA?

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:20 pm

I managed to play a tribute legacy today and the neck size/shape felt pretty comfortable.It says on the site they come with a medium C neck.The usa legacies come with the modern classic C shape.Is that a similar size/shape?I had a comanche before and the neck was just a hair too big for me, so wondering if i order a custom legacy with a modern classic neck will it be similar or too big for me like the comanches was.Also if i have the serial number of the comanche(sold it to a mate) would g&l be able to give me the specs of the neck?Do they even keep that kind of info?I have tried contacting them directly and through facebook but they never seem to reply which is frustrating.Cheers

Re: Neck profiles on tributes,same as USA?

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 pm

diddly wrote:I managed to play a tribute legacy today and the neck size/shape felt pretty comfortable.It says on the site they come with a medium C neck.The usa legacies come with the modern classic C shape.Is that a similar size/shape?I had a comanche before and the neck was just a hair too big for me, so wondering if i order a custom legacy with a modern classic neck will it be similar or too big for me like the comanches was.Also if i have the serial number of the comanche(sold it to a mate) would g&l be able to give me the specs of the neck?Do they even keep that kind of info?I have tried contacting them directly and through facebook but they never seem to reply which is frustrating.Cheers

Here are the past and current USA necks: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?.
Here is one post which compares the Tribute Fallout neck with USA neck sizes: Neck Profiles.

Perhaps some of our members who have a set of calipers and own a Tribute Legacy can post their neck measurements here.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: