G&L Tribute ASAT Special (Tobacco Sunburst): Where Did It Go

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Guys, I've been thinking about buying a new T-style guitar, loaded with P90's or Jumbo MFD's, to complement my two Fender Telecaster's.

The G&L Tribute ASAT Special (Tobacco Sunburst) has had my attention for awhile now; but everywhere I look, the only "in stock" offering is the Blueburst version!

What happened? Was the Tobacco Sunburst version discontinued? :confused0007:

Re: G&L Tribute ASAT Special (Tobacco Sunburst): Where Did I

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:45 pm

FenderGuy53 wrote:Guys, I've been thinking about buying a new T-style guitar, loaded with P90's or Jumbo MFD's, to complement my two Fender Telecaster's.

The G&L Tribute ASAT Special (Tobacco Sunburst) has had my attention for awhile now; but everywhere I look, the only "in stock" offering is the Blueburst version!

Why don't you ask your local G&L dealer(s) and see if they can order one for you? AFAIK, they are still available.

:ugeek:

Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:55 pm

FenderGuy53 wrote:Guys, I've been thinking about buying a new T-style guitar, loaded with P90's or Jumbo MFD's, to complement my two Fender Telecaster's.

the tobacco sunburst is harder to find but they are out there. i found mine at studio gears in temecula, calif. check them out online at http://www.studiogears.com/G&L_Tribute_ ... nburst.htm . only surprise was they sent me a 3 tone sunburst instead of the tobacco sunburst. looked so nice i kept it. great guitar, you won't regret it. happy shopping

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:06 am

Craig wrote:

Why don't you ask your local G&L dealer(s) and see if they can order one for you? AFAIK, they are still available.

AFAIK, there are no G&L dealers nearby (Marion, NC), but I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:14 am

drjho7 wrote:

the tobacco sunburst is harder to find but they are out there. i found mine at studio gears in temecula, calif. check them out online at http://www.studiogears.com/G&L_Tribute_ ... nburst.htm . only surprise was they sent me a 3 tone sunburst instead of the tobacco sunburst. looked so nice i kept it. great guitar, you won't regret it. happy shopping

Interesting. The only ASAT Special options on G&L's web-site are Blueburst and Tobacco Sunburst, yet the one's that I'm seeing for sale look more like 3TSB finishes. I, too, prefer the Tobacco Sunburst finish. I'll check Studio Gears. Thanks!

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:27 pm

here's mine...

here's the typical tobacco sunburst...

Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:46 am

FenderGuy53 wrote:
Craig wrote:

AFAIK, there are no G&L dealers nearby (Marion, NC), but I'll keep looking. Thanks.

See: US Dealers on the G&L main website.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:06 am

Yeah, I can clearly see the difference now.

The Tobacco Sunburst finish is blended all the way to the edges, whereas the 3TSB has that distinguished reddish ring around the edges.

I definitely prefer the Tobacco Sunburst.

The G&L web-site displays a genuine Tobacco Burst finish, but somewhere along the line, something changed. :-(
Last edited by FenderGuy53 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:14 am

FenderGuy53 wrote:Yeah,I can clearly see the difference now.

The Tobacco Sunburst finish is blended all the way to the edges, whereas the 3TSB has that distinguished reddish ring around the edges.

The G&L web-site displays a genuine Tobacco Burst finish, but somewhere along the line, something changed. :-(

The Tribute Tobacco Sunburst is similar to the US G&L Old School Tobacco Sunburst.
See: What's the difference between TSB & OSTSB?

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Craig wrote:
FenderGuy53 wrote:Yeah,I can clearly see the difference now.

The Tribute Tobacco Sunburst is similar to the US G&L Old School Tobacco Sunburst.
See: What's the difference between TSB & OSTSB?

Yep. I prefer the TSB over the OSTSB.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:57 am

Check out Music Barn in Greensboro, NC

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:08 am

telemike wrote:Check out Music Barn in Greensboro, NC

No Tributes on their web-site, and they're too far away!

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:09 am

Looky here.

Not affiliated, just trying to help a brother out.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:10 am

Well, I wound up buying a Tribute ASAT Classic in Butterscotch Blonde:

In the end, I preferred the ash body, maple fretboard and BSB finish. ;-)

Thanks, guys.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:55 am

Excellent choice.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:13 am

FenderGuy53 wrote:Well, I wound up buying a Tribute ASAT Classic in Butterscotch Blonde:

In the end, I preferred the ash body, maple fretboard and BSB finish. ;-)

Thanks, guys.

Congrats! Don't forget to add it to our G&L Registry.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:50 pm

that's purty! bet it sounds nice :clap: