Legacy Tribute HB for Ventures, Tornatoes, instrumental musi

Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:47 pm

I am interested in a Legacy HB Tribute series in “Black” guitar. Throughout the years I just pick and practice a few chords now and then.

I like the instrumental music of the 60’s, Tornadoes, Ventures, etc. This is why I am looking at an electric guitar. I already have a Prestige “Canada built company not Ibanez brand” acoustic and semi-hollow guitar but never had a solid body one with tremolo.

From what I described would you say the Legacy HB Tribute series fits the bill for my interest in instrumental music of the 60's

**Important I do like a slimmer neck.

Thanks

Stash

Re: Legacy Tribute HB for Ventures, Tornatoes, instrumental

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:16 am

Generally instro/spy/spaghetti/surf was done on single coils. Before being signed to play Moserite single coil guitars, the ventures played fender strats and jazzmasters.

But you can play anything on anything, especially with modeling amps. I got a digitech floor pedal with like 200 settings for $4.50 at a garage sale, and when I play the "surf" setting, it doesn't matter what guitar I plug in. The reverb doesn't sound as good as my fender reissue reverb unit, but it sounds authentic enough to please all but the most astute listener.

Get what you want, or feel will be the most versatile. But as I said, in general, a single coil through a clean amp is the "classic" sound.