NGD! G&L Asat Classic Bluesboy Tribute Hollow Body

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:33 am

New to the forum so I hope this is the right forum to post this. Anyway, I have been playing 35 years and have always bought American made Fenders and Gibsons. That is all that is in my collection now, well until yesterday. I have an American Deluxe that I ordered new pickups for because I do not like the N3s. I also was in the market for a Tele type guitar with a humbucker in the neck position but did not want to drop a lot of coin so I went out to try some MIM Fenders. Anyway while trying a couple this G&L Asat Classic Bluesboy Tribute hollow body caught my eye. Never even tried a G&L before. I took it down and played it and absolutely loved the feel and the neck on it. I also noticed that action was fantastic, the frets nice and polished and the build quality was supurb. Could not find a flaw on it. So I bought it, brought it home, changed strings and adjusted the pickups. Through my 1966 Super Reverb it sounds fantastic! Love it! For the money its absolutely fantastic and especially for an imported guitar. They gave me a nice discount and even through in a tweed Danelectro case that is awesome. Very happy. Sorry my camera did not do well with the accuracy of the neck color.

Re: NGD! G&L Asat Classic Bluesboy Tribute Hollow Body

Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:12 am

sweet !! ..... I just bought my first Tribute ASAT Deluxe used , but it's like new and awesome with the belly cut , beautiful finish and workmanship like yours

Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi lovehifi,

Congrats on a beautiful Bluesboy! :happy0065: Thanks for posting pics as well. Be sure to put her in the registry.

That style Bluesboy, Orange with maple neck, has been pulling my strings for some time, and you may just put me over the edge.

Welcome to the GLDP, jump in often and join the conversation.
Last edited by sam on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:46 pm

welcome, lovehifi. that is a sharp lookin trib ASAT bluesboy SH. i agree that the build quality and value on these trib asats is surprisingly excellent. i have a trib asat special that i like as much as any of my usa built guitars. enjoy!