NGD! Tribute Fallout in Sonic Blue!

Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:47 pm

man, this thing is AWESOME! love it.

**first though, craig, can you answer this - why is it that every tribute I bought that has a saddle lock bridge DOES NOT COME WITH the set screw to actually lock the saddles?!!? i have a superhawk, asat, JB2 bass, and now the fallout, and NONE OF THEM have the set screw! they have a hole for it, and some came with a plastic piece that just sits inside, but there's no screw. why do they advertise this as a saddle lock bridge when you can't actually lock the saddles?! all were bought from Musicians Friend, and when I contacted them last year about this, they didn't respond. WTH is going on!?!? **BIG THANKS to Craig and Dave for helping me out with this issue!!!!!**

anyway, back to the awesome guitar!!

although it's my first guitar in a while that has a pickguard (besides my '89 USA Strat that i've had since like '04) and man i already scratched the hell outta it. i feel bad for my poor other guitars without pickguards who are all scratched to hell lol.

plays real nice though. LOVE that glossed tinted maple neck! my first guitar with a glossed maple like this.

the neck is different from my rampage/superhawk/asat though, definitely. seems more flat than either of them. love it! low action right out of the box too.

some pics and videos!:

[youtube]kZlTPDtun-s[/youtube]
[youtube]fIYh7GrQ76A[/youtube]
[youtube]P14SqHbPGug[/youtube]
[youtube]QuPMnLMFCEs[/youtube]
[youtube]ZCyM1NNtyJk[/youtube]
[youtube]x9v19V0_x8o[/youtube]

and here's the pics!

Image LOVING this glossed neck!
Last edited by jayochs on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: NGD! Tribute Fallout in Sonic Blue!

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Hey Jay!

Great to see you round here again and congrats on yer new Fallout. :alright: The vids are fantastic and definately show the multitude of sounds you can pull from that guitar. (A lot credit to your playing for the tones as well)

Bummer on all those missing set screws, hope some spares can be found. Keep rockin on and tell more about the Fallout as you play her.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:14 pm

**first though, craig, can you answer this - why is it that every tribute I bought that has a saddle lock bridge DOES NOT COME WITH the set screw to actually lock the saddles?!!? i have a superhawk, asat, JB2 bass, and now the fallout, and NONE OF THEM have the set screw! they have a hole for it, and some came with a plastic piece that just sits inside, but there's no screw. why do they advertise this as a saddle lock bridge when you can't actually lock the saddles?! all were bought from Musicians Friend, and when I contacted them last year about this, they didn't respond. WTH is going on!?!?

Jay,
I contacted Dave and he will send you replacement set screws. PM me with your mailing address and I'll send it to Dave. He'll get them sent right away.

:ugeek:

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Sam, thanks!! I love this guitar. any new videos I make I'll post in this thread. it plays so well, I love it!

and Craig, thank you! you're the man! props to Dave, too! g&l has some awesome support both direct and indirect. love this company.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:24 pm

has to be the best review I've seen in awhile , good pictures with video and sound ...... G&L needs to send you every model to make demo's for them :) ..... good job Jay !! , I love my Fallout too , it's still my number 1

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Nice demos Jay! Where did a youngster like you learn that funk? :mrgreen:

Good looking Fallout. I see it blew your shoes off. :lol: Thanks for sharing. My saddlelock had all parts included so some are coming through OK.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:45 pm

thanks guys! yup it blew my shoes off! haha. it's a great playing guitar. plays nothing like my other g&l's. sounds nothing like them either. was telling my friend how the humbucker sounds great but nothing like my superhawk, rampage, or asat. has its own nice voice to it!

Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:05 pm

Great versatility on the guitar, man. I enjoyed your playing as much as I liked the tones you get out of your Fallout. Do they make one with a dual fulcrum bridge?

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:00 am

Kit wrote:Great versatility on the guitar, man. I enjoyed your playing as much as I liked the tones you get out of your Fallout. Do they make one with a dual fulcrum bridge?

You can get the DF vibrato as an optional bridge on the USA Fallout. For, example:
Image. :ugeek:

Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:02 pm

Craig, then the G&L website needs to be updated. The US Fallout model only list saddle-lock as bridge option in the specs section.

I don't need to hear that I can get the Fallout with dual-fulcrum, my wallet cannot take the strain!

Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Kit wrote:Craig, then the G&L website needs to be updated. The US Fallout model only list saddle-lock as bridge option in the specs section.

I don't need to hear that I can get the Fallout with dual-fulcrum, my wallet cannot take the strain!

I'll pass this on to Dave about the Fallout page, but actually there is an error in the Guitar Options page for bridge options. Once that is fixed, the Fall spec page is fine.

BTW, we have it listed correctly in the Bridge Options section of this G&L Knowledgebase post: July 1, 2015-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.
G&L Dual Fulcrum Vibrato substitute on guitars which come standard with G&L Saddle Lock bridge (except JC Signature)

Thanks.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Kit wrote:Great versatility on the guitar, man. I enjoyed your playing as much as I liked the tones you get out of your Fallout. Do they make one with a dual fulcrum bridge?

thank you much!

and Craig, that USA pic haha i just saw that on Instagram the other day..it's from a shop, and then the G&L account re-posted it. love that pic.

do you head up their Instagram or is that someone else? whoever does seems really friendly; they respond often when questions are asked and stuff!

Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:35 pm

jayochs wrote:

thank you much!

and Craig, that USA pic haha i just saw that on Instagram the other day..it's from a shop, and then the G&L account re-posted it. love that pic.

do you head up their Instagram or is that someone else? whoever does seems really friendly; they respond often when questions are asked and stuff!

No, my only involvement with G&L is running this site. I used to help Dave with the main G&L website, but once Dave got stewardship of the GbL from Brad, I've been taking
care of it (15+ years). I am not an employee of G&L/BBE Sound, but an enthusiast who met Dave in the late '90s and became friends, helping out with the early website then
maintaining the GbL site.

I got the photo from G&L's facebook page.

Dave setup both the facebook and Instagram pages, and he does a lot of the posts there and yes he is really friendly. He does have others in the office post when he is really busy.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:58 pm

that's awesome. yeah, they're awesome in responding whenever someone asks questions. G&L overall is just a pretty awesome company!!

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:52 am

I just got the exact same guitar and I love it! Nice playing too btw!

I used to be all about the tele middle position but the fallout has it beat.

Might be worth finding out the dimensions of the little grub screws and buying a whole bag, because things like that have a habit of rolling away, never to be seen again. Maybe people lose theirs and phone musicians friend, asking for a replacement and they just pull them off another guitar, to save time. Seems pretty silly in the long run though, lol.