Tribute Fallout Opinions?

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Hey guys, so I'm looking at the Fallout as a new guitar this year, and it's pretty cool looking. I like the smaller design and I have a feeling it might be a lot lighter than my superhawk/rampage.

Questions though..what's the bridge humbucker in it? is it the same as the rampage/superhawk? or it's own?

i'm looking at that cool sonic blue color with the maple neck. is the maple neck on it a super glossy finish like the maple neck on the tribute blueburst legacy? (my friend has one and i love that neck..it's a nice yellow (not a pale maple) and it's super glossy, and i think the fallout is the same but i can't tell..)

also in terms of neck,. what other G&L's is it like? the rampage/superhawk are fat, but the asat deluxe i have is a bit thinner.

anyone else have any thoughts about it?

Re: Tribute Fallout Opinions?

Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:03 pm

neck is more like your ASAT Deluxe ....... on the American Fallout the bridge is the same as the American Deluxe bridge with the SD's ... not sure on the tribby's

Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Fumble fingers wrote:neck is more like your ASAT Deluxe ....... on the American Fallout the bridge is the same as the American Deluxe bridge with the SD's ... not sure on the tribby's

The Tribute Fallout specs can be found here and a description of the pickup can be found here.

And, in case you didn't notice, the pickups in the Tribute Fallout are the same ones that are in the US Fallout (as of July 1, 2015). See July 1, 2015-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:34 pm

whoa craig that's cool. if i order a model from musicians friend now, will it be a post july 2015 run with the pickups? how can i be sure i'm not getting an older model?

Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:13 pm

jayochs wrote:whoa craig that's cool. if i order a model from musicians friend now, will it be a post july 2015 run with the pickups? how can i be sure i'm not getting an older model?

It really would not matter because the Tribute Fallout has not changed since it was release (I believe in 2014). See: 2014-15 (pre-July 1) G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

:ugeek:

Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:36 pm

sweet! I see. thanks Craig! I think i might just order sonic blue!