Tremolo on a Legacy

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Does the tremolo on a Legacy simply slide in and out, or does it screw in? I'm just wondering how it attaches/detaches.

Re: Tremolo on a Legacy

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:22 pm

There is a small set screw and nylon bushing ....

http://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/c ... -screw-set

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:28 pm

it slides in the socket , there should be a nylon "spacer" to keep the allen screw from marring the trem arm , you can tighten or loosen the set screw to adjust tension of the arm and socket to suit your needs , I usually adjust mine so they stay where I leave them yet not too tight that it slows me down grabbing it

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Well, mine has no screw set or way to attach the trem except to just slide it straight in. The trem just hangs there loose and can easily fall out. I think someone at G&L forgot to do something....

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:49 pm

lefty_major wrote:Well, mine has no screw set or way to attach the trem except to just slide it straight in. The trem just hangs there loose and can easily fall out. I think someone at G&L forgot to do something....

Are you sure ?

The set screw on mine points towards the headstock, parallel to the strings. It can be seen in both of these shots ...

Legacy 2HB

F100

Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:21 pm

Ha! Yes, that did it. Thank you! I see it and it works. This is my first ever S-style and I've never seen this type of attachment. :oops:

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:15 pm

lefty_major wrote:Ha! Yes, that did it. Thank you! I see it and it works. This is my first ever S-style and I've never seen this type of attachment. :oops:

Also, don't forget to check the main G&L website's Features page: http://www.glguitars.com/features/DF-vibrato.asp.

:ugeek:

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:08 am

Thanks, Craig. Thanks again everyone.