Pickup Cover for Fallout Tribute bridge pickup

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Hello Good G&L Guitar People:

I have a new G&L Fallout Tribute. Got it a few months ago. I also have two dogs. I love all three very much.

Apparently this guitar's bridge pickup, in addition to sounding really good, has a hidden feature that I did know about. Unbeknownst to me it has done one of two things, or maybe both. It makes an excellent Dog Hair collector or has increased my dogs propensity to shed. I am not really sure but anyway I am collecting dog hair in my guitar's pickup. Not reallying wanting to persue a new hobby of dog hair collecting I was wondering...

Does anyone know of a cover or has anyone put a cover on the type of pickup this guitar has? I don't want to change the pickup at all. Swapping it out or using a metal covered pickup is not an option. I am thinking of a plastic snap on or slip on type dust cover. I have seen this type of product online but I don't know if they will fit... THey are cheap but I figured I would ask if anyone had any experiance with this before I reinevnt the wheel.

Here is a link to a news reliease on the specific modle I have:

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/2 ... out-guitar

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

PS: I have two other guitars, a Fender Tele and Ibanes MC 150. Both have covered pickups and no dog hair collecting powers.

Re: Pickup Cover for Fallout Tribute bridge pickup

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey, I love that orange Fallout. Good choice.

Don't know if these are the right size. You would have to do some checking but there are other parts suppliers out there you could try. Allparts maybe?

http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Elec ... overs.html

My dog has a knack for leaving tail fur in the headstock on my guitar. These guitars are real collectors. :lol:

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Long shot .... is there a static build up on the guitar that's attracting dog hair ?

Maybe try rubbing the pickguard with a dryer sheet, never done that myself but I've seen it recommended before.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:30 pm

I'll try the dry sheets. Couldn't hurt. I'll give it try. Nice suggestion.

Thanks for the link and suggestion.

I appreciate the quick reply.

I am very happy with the guitar thus far.

Peace.

Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Does anyone know if these are considered F spaced pickups on the Fallout Tribute (bridge humbucker)?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:02 pm

tg5spd wrote:Does anyone know if these are considered F spaced pickups on the Fallout Tribute (bridge humbucker)?

Yes it is. See: Decoding the various G&L pickup part numbers.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Craig wrote:
tg5spd wrote:Does anyone know if these are considered F spaced pickups on the Fallout Tribute (bridge humbucker)?

Hope this helps.

I don't understand what F spaced means. I followed the links and I don't see an f spaced described.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:17 pm

i8chillywilly wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

I don't understand what F spaced means. I followed the links and I don't see an f spaced described.

Well, it would have helped if you mentioned that in your first post. ;)

See this post: ? about tribute asat carved top guitar spacing for pickup or just google "what is f spaced pickups".

Hope this helps.