Asat Special Tribute string question

Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:45 pm

I just received my new Asat today and wanted to know if the strings that come with it are D'Addario 9-42 and is it ok to put 10-46 on it without a truss rod adjustment? Also was I supposed to get anything else with the guitar other than a warranty registration card? thanks for any info

Re: Asat Special Tribute string question

Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:50 pm

i prefer 10-46 as well, and strung mine up with no problems. go for it!
i have made 2 minor adjustments (45 degrees or an 1/8th turn each) to truss rod thus far, with good results.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:55 pm

radiomanjh wrote:I just received my new Asat today and wanted to know if the strings that come with it are D'Addario 9-42 and is it ok to put 10-46 on it without a truss rod adjustment? Also was I supposed to get anything else with the guitar other than a warranty registration card? thanks for any info

see this post in the G&L Knowledgebase: What gauge & brand of strings does G&L use on their guitars?.

I think they still come with the set of allen wrenches. If they didn't come with them, check with the selling dealer.

Hope this helps.

:geek:

Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:57 pm

radiomanjh wrote:I just received my new Asat today and wanted to know if the strings that come with it are D'Addario 9-42 and is it ok to put 10-46 on it without a truss rod adjustment? Also was I supposed to get anything else with the guitar other than a warranty registration card? thanks for any info

you should get a little plastic bag with hex wrenches for the truss rod, the MFD pickup pole pieces, and the bridge saddles. also check to see that you have the saddle lock bridge screw, mine came without that

Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:20 pm

thanks for the info!

Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:33 pm

drjho7 wrote:

you should get a little plastic bag with hex wrenches for the truss rod, the MFD pickup pole pieces, and the bridge saddles. also check to see that you have the saddle lock bridge screw, mine came without that

hi drjho7, yes after I looked again I did find the little bag with the hex wrenches and no saddle lock bridge screw either. I was worried a little about how much the guitar would weigh after I had read that a lot of them were pretty heavy but mine isn't too bad at 9.2 lbs.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Craig wrote:

see this post in the G&L Knowledgebase: What gauge & brand of strings does G&L use on their guitars?.

I think they still come with the set of allen wrenches. If they didn't come with them, check with the selling dealer.

Hope this helps.

:geek:

found the wrenches, thanks craig