Tribute VS USA

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Hey All,
I really need some help. I am in the market for a new guitar. My buddy told me G&L is the way to go. I have narrowed it down to the S500.

My ultimate question is...do I go for Tribute or USA. What is the difference? Can you HEAR the differences? I havent played in YEARS...so I dont have such a tuned ear to high end guitars yet. That being said, I want a guitar that is AMAZING, reasonably prices, and long lasting. So would I get that with a Tribute model?

Thanks!

Re: Tribute VS USA

Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Tcash13 wrote:Hey All,
I really need some help. I am in the market for a new guitar. My buddy told me G&L is the way to go. I have narrowed it down to the S500.

My ultimate question is...do I go for Tribute or USA. What is the difference? Can you HEAR the differences? I havent played in YEARS...so I dont have such a tuned ear to high end guitars yet. That being said, I want a guitar that is AMAZING, reasonably prices, and long lasting. So would I get that with a Tribute model?

Thanks!

For the differences, see these posts: 2014 G&L U.S. Specifications and Options
and Current G&L Tribute Series Standard Production Models.

Also, see this post: What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Its nice seeing stats, but I need a guitar players opinion on the matter

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Tcash13 wrote:Its nice seeing stats, but I need a guitar players opinion on the matter

Have you searched the forums for past comments, videos and audio of both versions of the S-500?
So, use the Search function and you should find some posts to help you.

Hope this helps. ;)

:ugeek:

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:01 pm

I have both tribute and usa models of the s-500 and they are all great guitars. For the most bang for your buck buy used. For the newer usa versions , try to get a newer year that has had the factory plec job and the better hard case. I think the older korean and earlier indonesian versions of the tributes are better than the current ones. I think they were so good that they were cutting into the USA sales so they don't seem quite as nice. What ever s-500 you get you'll be happy.