ASAT Tribute Deluxe Carved Top: how does the neck feel?

Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:37 am

Hello, fellow G&L lovers.

I am thinking about joining your club and buying a G&L guitar. I am interested in the ASAT Tribute Deluxe Carved Top but I haven't had the opportunity to try it out. I've played on a Tribute Legacy HB which felt really great. I particularly enjoyed the fat, chunky neck. It seems like all G&L guitars come with this kind of neck but I wanted to be sure that the ASAT Deluxe Carved Top felt the same because I will probably order it online.

Thanks

Re: ASAT Tribute Deluxe Carved Top: how does the neck feel?

Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:39 am

Tribute necks are said to be on the chunky side in general and that's also what I experience with my three Tribute guitars.

I would guess that the ASAT Deluxe CT neck should be very similar to a Legacy neck in that it also has 12" fretboard radius which makes for a chunkier feel than a 9" neck of the same nominal thickness (9" would be G&L specs of the other ASAT models).
On the other hand, the necks of my S-500s are actually a little bit fatter (thicker) that my ASAT Special's neck which still is quite subtantial, of course.

So yours could be either identical to, or a little thinner than a Legacy neck, without true 1:1 comparison probably hard to tell. Further there are tolerances, plus thicker gloss finish vs thin satin comes into play...

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:41 pm

The neck towards the 12th fret is a little chunkier than both of my Tribute S500's. Also thicker from 1st fret to the last fret on my ASAT special and my Invader, both Tributes. The pickup sound great on it.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:04 am

Thank you for your answers. I just ordered the guitar. :)