Espada (and other CLF) in lefty?

Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:48 pm

Hi there,

I was recently trying to purchase a Skyhawk in a lefty, and was told that G&L don't do leftys and that most CLF models AREN'T available in lefty.

I already have a Fallout which is the best guitar I ever had, and am now piqued with this Espada lefty.

I'm basically after something that is similar but different to my Fallout, and the ESPADA looks like that guitar..

But will G&L make them in LEFTYS???

Re: Espada (and other CLF) in lefty?

Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:04 am

SonicLife wrote:Hi there,

I was recently trying to purchase a Skyhawk in a lefty, and was told that G&L don't do leftys and that most CLF models AREN'T available in lefty.

I already have a Fallout which is the best guitar I ever had, and am now piqued with this Espada lefty.

I'm basically after something that is similar but different to my Fallout, and the ESPADA looks like that guitar..

But will G&L make them in LEFTYS???

I checked with one of my G&L contacts and he said "No I don't have any CLF's left handed due to control plates.".
If you are really wanting one, you might ask a G&L Custom Shop dealer if the G&L Custom Shop will build a Lefty Espada for you.

Re: Espada (and other CLF) in lefty?

Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:51 pm

Looking at Espada pictures, it seems the controls go down the center line of the control plate. If it was flipped over, it looks like it would fit on a left handed guitar. No idea how the back side is finished or if edges are beveled but at least it shouldn't require a new template to make one that fits. Likely would be the same for the pick guard. Of course, I could be completely wrong :) .