New V12 on the way

Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:46 am

I finally bit the bullet and bought one of these. Really looking forward to it. As a bonus I never have take any pictures of it to show it off. Turns out this is the one I bought...
phpBB [video]

Should get it by the 31st
Last edited by glvourot on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New V12 on the way

Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:27 pm

Congrats! Glad you found a V12. Looks like a nice one too. You are going to love the sound of it. I was so excited when they came out with the V12 in the clear blue finish. Mine is the one that was on display at the January 2020 NAMM show.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:36 pm

Hey Challenger, I was on the fence initially about the colour but when I was quoted some astronomical lead times regarding ordering a V12 it began to grow on me. Now I’m really glad I bought it. You’re will be the only swamp ash maple board example unless somebody custom orders one. Well done !

Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Cool, another member of the V12 club! Give a report once you can put it down. Quite a versatile axe.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi there
Excellent decision

I picked up the only one I know of that made it into Australia via Jack's Music and I can use it for anything I play.
It almost plays itself. My favourite sound is both pick ups and both switches at the top position
Enjoy it! I love mine

I also have a mahogany SC2 and a US Fallout that I love but use less often now.....

Cheers
Jeremy

Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Congratulations!! Welcome to the V12 club. :elguitar054:

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:10 pm

It showed up this morning. It sounds great , and it looks even better in person. Flawless condition. I'm glad I held out for one of these, I almost wavered but patience was wise. These pickups are no joke. Very comfortable to play sitting or standing.

Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:19 pm

Yep, there is a reason these are hard to find in stock and rarely show up on the used market. Congrats again!

Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:11 am

Ordered one in blue yesterday. Sales guy says mid October, maybe sooner. The guitar is just so beautiful I could not resist. Really going to have to up my game to be worthy 8-)

When it gets here I will learn to post a pic to this board.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:53 am

The V12 showed up at the dealer last Wednesday well ahead of schedule. Build date 09-02-2020. Drove 352 miles on Thursday to pick it up and bring it home. Grabbed a new Marshall Code 50 and a Digitek Trio+ while I was there.
I need help posting pics. I use a OneDrive (MS Cloud) app on my iPhone which stores the pics in the cloud instead of on my phone. I can't figure out how to copy an image from OneDrive to anywhere much less here. The photo tutorial on this site doesn't mention cloud storage of images, only web servers.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:51 am

SUaPYG wrote:The V12 showed up at the dealer last Wednesday well ahead of schedule. Build date 09-02-2020. Drove 352 miles on Thursday to pick it up and bring it home. Grabbed a new Marshall Code 50 and a Digitek Trio+ while I was there.
I need help posting pics. I use a OneDrive (MS Cloud) app on my iPhone which stores the pics in the cloud instead of on my phone. I can't figure out how to copy an image from OneDrive to anywhere much less here. The photo tutorial on this site doesn't mention cloud storage of images, only web servers.

See my reply to your post: Posting pic stored on OneDrive.

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:30 am

I guess I know who you are. Always gotta show that one off. :-)

Challenger wrote:Congrats! Glad you found a V12. Looks like a nice one too. You are going to love the sound of it. I was so excited when they came out with the V12 in the clear blue finish. Mine is the one that was on display at the January 2020 NAMM show.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:09 am

I love that maple fretboard with blue body. Nice V12. I'm new here. I just got a Doheny V12 and was looking for some information about the pickup's mini switches but I figured it out in my own way(up for strong, middle for obvious single coil sound, and down for low output humbucker). Does V12 mean anything significant?

Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:52 pm

Congratulations on the score! :happy0065:

Reviews keep coming in how great these are and yours is no exception. Love the switches and possibilities. Will look for your full take on it as you play more.

Cheers :cheers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:59 pm

wilsonov7 wrote:I love that maple fretboard with blue body. Nice V12. I'm new here. I just got a Doheny V12 and was looking for some information about the pickup's mini switches but I figured it out in my own way(up for strong, middle for obvious single coil sound, and down for low output humbucker). Does V12 mean anything significant?

Up is the pickup in series humbucking. Middle is split and down is parallel humbucking. The pole pieces of the pickups reminded the McLaren's of a V12 engine.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:01 am

Challenger wrote:
wilsonov7 wrote:I love that maple fretboard with blue body. Nice V12. I'm new here. I just got a Doheny V12 and was looking for some information about the pickup's mini switches but I figured it out in my own way(up for strong, middle for obvious single coil sound, and down for low output humbucker). Does V12 mean anything significant?

Up is the pickup in series humbucking. Middle is split and down is parallel humbucking. The pole pieces of the pickups reminded the McLaren's of a V12 engine.

Thanks. I did figure it all out since last post. You can get a lot of sounds out of these pickups, but my favorite is the split neck with no bass, full treble, and volume backed off just a tiny hair.

Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Just picked mine up from Sweetwater. :banana:
I was back and forth between the Blue and the Gold.
In the end, I selected the Pharaoh Gold Firemist.
Love the flexibility with the pickups and controls and the PLEK job feels like satin.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:43 am

Congrats! What a versatile score!

Fri May 14, 2021 8:12 am

Oldtimer wrote:Just picked mine up from Sweetwater. :banana:
I was back and forth between the Blue and the Gold.
In the end, I selected the Pharaoh Gold Firemist.
Love the flexibility with the pickups and controls and the PLEK job feels like satin.

How are you liking yours after some time with it?