New Espada Video

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Just saw this today and thought I'd link it. I think this may be the best Espada video I've seen as far as communicating what types of tones these get. This makes me more curious about playing one. Not a fan of the black blocks though. Maybe they would look better with a different color? Funny that he is guessing with regard to the control functions.
phpBB [video]

Re: New Espada Video

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Thanks, Mutts, helpful demo. lots of great tonal possibilities, it has some jangle, and with the drive channel and the series mode, it has some teeth in it. i agree i am not much for the blocks on the neck, but i generally like the SC-2 style headstock, just with alot less gloss.

Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:14 pm

Hey mutts,

Thanks for sharing, definitely one of the best overviews of the Espada on the inter web. I woild still like to find a better illustration of the passive-active-active/boost switch. Lots of Roger McGuinn tones lurking in here for sure, with a multitude of everything else from country to jazz rock. The AC 30 patch he used seemed to match these pups well. Nevertheless, I’m still drawn to these and could see one in my future. :searching:

Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:45 pm

mutts wrote:Just saw this today and thought I'd link it. I think this may be the best Espada video I've seen as far as communicating what types of tones these get. This makes me more curious about playing one. Not a fan of the black blocks though. Maybe they would look better with a different color? Funny that he is guessing with regard to the control functions.
phpBB [video]

Thanks for posting.