Pictures for Neck Options?

Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:41 am

Hi everyone, hope this is the right place to post this question...

I'm new to G&L world and I want to order my first custom shop guitar based on the ASAT Bluesboy. I read tons of threads, options lists and websites to build my opinion on my dream G&L
My only remaining question is about neck wood and finishes...
For me, apart from pickups, it really makes the difference when it comes to finding some pleasure when playing.

I think it could be useful for newbies to see some real comparison pictures of the listed options of G&L neck configs:

- Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple
- Flame Maple neck 3A grade
- Flame Maple neck 5A grade
- Flatsawn Hard Rock Maple

There must be tons of beautiful images to show how different are those necks and Google search is not enough. For ex. most 3Agrade are made on Roasted neck... But how does it looks like on non-roasted maple neck? And so on...

Many thanks to all. If you have photos of quartersawn maple, flame maple 3a and 5a grade, I would be particularly thankful...

Have a good day!

Re: Pictures for Neck Options?

Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:25 am

PhilippeB wrote:Hi everyone, hope this is the right place to post this question...

I'm new to G&L world and I want to order my first custom shop guitar based on the ASAT Bluesboy. I read tons of threads, options lists and websites to build my opinion on my dream G&L
My only remaining question is about neck wood and finishes...
For me, apart from pickups, it really makes the difference when it comes to finding some pleasure when playing.

I think it could be useful for newbies to see some real comparison pictures of the listed options of G&L neck configs:

- Quartersawn Hard Rock Maple
- Flame Maple neck 3A grade
- Flame Maple neck 5A grade
- Flatsawn Hard Rock Maple

There must be tons of beautiful images to show how different are those necks and Google search is not enough. For ex. most 3Agrade are made on Roasted neck... But how does it looks like on non-roasted maple neck? And so on...

Many thanks to all. If you have photos of quartersawn maple, flame maple 3a and 5a grade, I would be particularly thankful...

Have a good day!

The G&L website pages for the Custom Shop has not yet been updated to the latest January 16, 2020 Price List.
We do have the latest Specs and Options here: 1/16/2020-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options.

Checkout the G&L Custom Shop facebook and Instragram pages for photos which they have posted.
Note: open theses links in a new window or tab for best results.

Hope this helps.