Comanche with Bkp Trilogies Issues

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi, I recently put bare knuckle trilogies into my Comanche, and now have two issues

A lot of hum. I know the z's were humcancelling, but my P90 equiped guitars have much less hum. It's sometimes even a problem while playing. Positions 2 and 4 are quiet, as expected, since they're rwp.

The e1 string has a serious volume drop, especially on the bridge pup.

The wiring seems fine, is it the g&l tone system, maybe? Those pot values are unusual.

Jan

Re: Comanche with Bkp Trilogies Issues

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Jan Geerts wrote:Hi, I recently put bare knuckle trilogies into my Comanche, and now have two issues

A lot of hum. I know the z's were humcancelling, but my P90 equiped guitars have much less hum. It's sometimes even a problem while playing. Positions 2 and 4 are quiet, as expected, since they're rwp.

The e1 string has a serious volume drop, especially on the bridge pup.

The wiring seems fine, is it the g&l tone system, maybe? Those pot values are unusual.

Jan

Please review the READ THIS FIRST - About The Project Page sub-forum ... post.

It would be helpful if you would post some pictures showing the steps you did to install these pickups.
Did you modify the wiring in any way? Did you check to make sure the ground wire is still secure on the bridge?

:ugeek:

Re: Comanche with Bkp Trilogies Issues

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:26 pm

In another post, I asked OP if this had been resolved. Here is the response (reference post: viewtopic.php?p=73163#p73163):

The other issue got sorted, when I removed the pick guard again, I noticed two capacitors were touching each other, and
I thought ' I can't have that filthy business going on in my guitar ' and separated them, and the issue was solved. Still hum,
but a normal amount, I guess

best

Jan

:ugeek: