G&L Legacy pickup wiring

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:06 am

Does this seem right? I opened it to clean the pots, and I'm curious if the neck pickup is "upside down" ?

Check the picture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxshopx8yvkadp4/Photo%2001.12.13%2013%2020%2009.jpg

Re: G&L Legacy pickup wiring

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:20 am

For me it seems the neck pickup is right, middle and bridge pickups are rotated. I can't say wrong, because as the poles aren't staggered, it doesn't matter. Although I can't see any efford with the middle pickup, while it's easier to place the wires, with the bridge pickup turned around.

Here's how it looks inside my Legacy (1994, with originals Seymour Duncan pickups):

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:25 am

Miles Smiles wrote:For me it seems the neck pickup is right, middle and bridge pickups are rotated. I can't say wrong, because as the poles aren't staggered, it doesn't matter. Although I can't see any efford with the middle pickup, while it's easier to place the wires, with the bridge pickup turned around.

Here's how it looks inside my Legacy (1994, with originals Seymour Duncan pickups):

So, what you are saying is, it does not really matter which way they are? Meaning it doesn't alter the sound in anyway and I can just let them be like this?

The reason I wonder if this is "right" is because I switch pick guards a while ago, and recently I wondered if I might've rotated the pickups when putting it back together... :/

Thank you for the answer :)

Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm

edson wrote:So, what you are saying is, it does not really matter which way they are?

Yes, it doesn't matter.

It would matter if theese pickups were built like the old strat pickups, where the poles have different length, but the legacy pickups don't have that.