L2500 buzzing issues

Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:53 pm

so lately i have been getting some really annoying buzzing/hum from my l2500 and it seems to be slowly getting worse.

1: buzzing when plugged in
2: extremely loud buzzing when touching the any of the bottom row pickup poles on both pickups.
3: all buzzing is canceled out when touching the saddle lock, tone knobs, or the input jack. (strings have a very minimal effect)

when i plug in my bass i get some light constant buzz/hum then when i touch the bottom row of pickup poles of each pickup it gets extremely loud. when i touch the the bottom row of each pickup and touch the input jack, tone control knobs, or the saddle lock all the buzzing goes away.

i have used different cords and swapped basses to make sure it wasn't my amp. over the past couple weeks it seems to get slightly worse. i also brought it to my local tech and they tested some of the wiring to see if there are any loose connections, but they couldn't find anything.

i desperately need help with this because i hate all my other basses compared to my G&L.

neck pickup
_______
|00000|
|00000| <--Touching this row causes major buzzing
--------

bridge pickup
_______
|00000|
|00000| <--Touching this row causes major buzzing
--------

Re: L2500 buzzing issues

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:16 am

Sounds like a grounding problem. Check this link from our friends at bassesbyleo.com: http://www.bassesbyleo.com/bridge_grounding.html.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: