What are Tribute trem blocks made of?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Dave states the saddles on the tribs are zinc vs. brass.......

What about the trem blocks? Same deal or are Tribs brass as well?

Re: What are Tribute trem blocks made of?

Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Ray Barbee Music wrote:Dave states the saddles on the tribs are zinc vs. brass.......

See: S500 Tribute MiKorea trem block

:ugeek:

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:53 pm

I don't see an answer there. What *exactly* is "a metal alloy sourced at the country of origin"?

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:34 am

Whatever metal didn't get used to make flatware or children's toys that week? Whatever was cheapest?

All materials are probably pretty inconsistent in the Tributes. One of the perks of offshore mfg would be the cheap, but ambiguous, raw materials.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:12 am

Ray Barbee Music wrote:Dave states the saddles on the tribs are zinc vs. brass.......

The Tribute trem blocks are not brass and they are not supplied by the Fullerton factory.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:50 pm

That answers it. Colloquially pot metal, or as bloodied_fingers put it, whatever they can get and use cheaply.

FWIW, according to another post you posted form Dave, none of the bridges are supplied at Fullerton and all, USA and Trib, are supplied by the same Taiwanese manufacturer. I guess they just use cheaper stuff on the Tribs.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Ray Barbee Music wrote:That answers it. Colloquially pot metal, or as bloodied_fingers put it, whatever they can get and use cheaply.

FWIW, according to another post you posted form Dave, none of the bridges are supplied at Fullerton and all, USA and Trib, are supplied by the same Taiwanese manufacturer. I guess they just use cheaper stuff on the Tribs.

Yes, I was looking for that post, but did not have time to look further when I first posted above. I have time now and found it. BTW, the information was from Steve Grom, who was the Director of Manufacturing at the time: Re: Are the new ASAT Special Bridges made in the USA?.