PLease Help: pardon my ignorance, setup threads gone?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi,

I just got a response to a thread I had about setting up my new (to me) Legacy, with a link by the moderator to a supposed set-up thread.

But that link only shows pictures of the height of the bridge-- the long text that was there a couple days ago is gone...it used to say how to check neck relief, adjust action, etc, but now I can't find it!

Craig, if you know what I'm talking about, can you point me in the right direction? Thank you!!!!!

Re: PLease Help: pardon my ignorance, setup threads gone?

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Here's a link to the owners manual version 2,
is that it?
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/ma ... emId=10418

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:53 pm

speedyone wrote:Hi,

I just got a response to a thread I had about setting up my new (to me) Legacy, with a link by the moderator to a supposed set-up thread.

But that link only shows pictures of the height of the bridge-- the long text that was there a couple days ago is gone...it used to say how to check neck relief, adjust action, etc, but now I can't find it!

Craig, if you know what I'm talking about, can you point me in the right direction? Thank you!!!!!

Here's your thread: Will I need to adjust trem if ONLY raising string height?.
You can always find your posts via the "View your posts" link right below the current date and time near the upper right side of the screen.

Is that what you are looking for?

:ugeek:

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Elwood, thanks for the link...that IS helpful, although not what I was looking for.

Craig, maybe I'm just crazy, but there was a sticky on the Tech page, a thread "Current Set-up for G&L Legacy" (paraphrasing, don't recall exactly). In that thread, there was a really long typed-out description of how to set-up a guitar, in order: first check neck relief, then bridge height, then saddle height (for example, I don't recall.....that's why I'm trying to find the thread!!!)

In that thread, there were no pics, just a long typed out narrative of how to set-up your guitar.

I will dig around some more, I'm sure I'll find it eventually!

Thanks guys!

:)

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Found it!

The thread was, "Set-ups, answering some questions".

:)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:35 pm

LOL I wrote that thread on the old G&L boards, rcbmusic@sunflower.com was my old email (don't email me there, that ISP got sold 3 times since then, no idea how to log in now).

I should update it, that was years ago.