Vibrato Bars

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:31 pm

I like the dual fulcrum vibrato on my USA Legacy quite a lot, but I'm finding it hard to bond with the bar. I much prefer the shorter length and steeper angle of the "64" bars on some of the Fenders. I don't see on G&L's website where you can order different sized bars. Anyone have suggestions short of modifying the bar I have?

Re: Vibrato Bars

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:22 pm

You could find one used and modify that. They also sell them new at the G&L online store. You don't have to worry about it being irreplaceable.

If you buy one make sure it is for your year. There are two versions. Only one will properly fit your guitar.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:07 am

SmooveTaste wrote:I like the dual fulcrum vibrato on my USA Legacy quite a lot, but I'm finding it hard to bond with the bar. I much prefer the shorter length and steeper angle of the "64" bars on some of the Fenders. I don't see on G&L's website where you can order different sized bars. Anyone have suggestions short of modifying the bar I have?

Here's an alternative: Jake Blade/Legacy

:ugeek:

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:19 pm

The Jake Blade looks interesting, but not exactly what I was looking for.

I ended up modding the bar I have fairly easily. I cut about 1 1/4" off with a pair of bolt cutters, then rounded the tip off with a dremel tool. Then put it back in the vise and bent it to the angle I like. It may have been sort of a Barney Rubble approach and it isn't pretty, but now it feels right!

Sorry, no 'before' pics, but here are a couple of afters:

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 pm

SmooveTaste wrote:
I ended up modding the bar I have fairly easily. I cut about 1 1/4" off with a pair of bolt cutters, then rounded the tip off with a dremel tool. Then put it back in the vise and bent it to the angle I like. It may have been sort of a Barney Rubble approach and it isn't pretty, but now it feels right!

As long as noone ( or guitars ) got hurt , good Job!! :thumbup: :clap:

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you for the motivation... i have done the same with my sc-2 bar...bolt cutters and then filed it round and smooth...bent the bar up how i like it...

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Thank you for the motivation... i have done the same with my sc-2 bar...bolt cutters and then filed it round and smooth...bent the bar up how i like it...