Replacement (upgrade) tuners for G&L Legacy Tribute

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:07 am

I'd like to replace the tuners on a G&L Legacy Tribute that I recently purchased on Craigslist. Nice guitar but it won't stay in tune. My playing style does not include any dive bombing in fact the tremolo arm is used sparingly if at all. Fender locking tuners do not fit since the two small pins at the top of the tuner housing do not align with the holes drilled in the headstock.

Suggestion please?

Re: Replacement (upgrade) tuners for G&L Legacy Tribute

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:04 am

bill hamilton wrote:I'd like to replace the tuners on a G&L Legacy Tribute that I recently purchased on Craigslist. Nice guitar but it won't stay in tune. My playing style does not include any dive bombing in fact the tremolo arm is used sparingly if at all. Fender locking tuners do not fit since the two small pins at the top of the tuner housing do not align with the holes drilled in the headstock.

Suggestion please?

See Legacy Tribute Tuners

:ugeek:

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:59 pm

In my experience, tuning issues are rarely caused by poor tuners.

Binding of the strings in a cheap, poorly cut nut is more likely, or the tremolo not being set up correctly.

If you post in some more detail around the problems you're seeing, there are plenty of knowledgeable people around here to help you out.

e.g. are there particular strings causing you problems? If you bend a problem string does it stay sharp or flat?

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:55 am

Philby wrote:In my experience, tuning issues are rarely caused by poor tuners.

Binding of the strings in a cheap, poorly cut nut is more likely, or the tremolo not being set up correctly.

If you post in some more detail around the problems you're seeing, there are plenty of knowledgeable people around here to help you out.

e.g. are there particular strings causing you problems? If you bend a problem string does it stay sharp or flat?

Philby makes a good point. See this post for setup info: Current Factory setup for G&L guitars with vibrato bridges.
This post is located in our G&L Knowledgebase, G&L Tech Tips sub-forum and you might check out the other posts there, too.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: